News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sure thing hot shot!
I was poking fun at how you defend the brand to the death and now i know why! You put on the armor IRL.

I have plenty of posts critical of Disney and the parks.

I just can't cotton criticisms with no basis of facts, or worse, in contradiction to facts.

You can hate LARPs and Disney and Star Wars. That's OK. You can't hate the Starcruiser based on presumptions (really bad presumptions) that have no evidence of existence, and hate the Starcruiser based on that.

E.g, being pre-annoyed that one is going to be kept up all night because out their bedroom spaceport they're witnessing the cruiser constantly going in and out of hyperdrive is just bonkers. It's hate for the sake of hate. It's contradicted by the fact that Disney already said one can close the 'blast door' on the spaceport.

Complain about the price. I won't stop you there. It is indeed too pricey.

pdude81

Not on the young end of the age spectrum, DD13 has had quite a bit of questions and likes to hear about updates. She doesn't know a price, but knows it's the same as our normal vacation budget for a week. Many won't have answers until opening. The first question was if lightsaber training was limited ages, happy to hear it isn't. Will they have costumes for her size (women's 8) because she doesn't want the lowcut dresses? Will she be allowed to explore the ship activities without us, or need an adult with her? Is the Droid battle only for people with a Droid they've brought? The food preview pictures have her a bit leary she'd like it because don't know what it really is. The dinner show sounds fun to her though, do kids get to dance? She wants to find Rey, Chewy, and avoid any bountyhunters. Will there be kids her age? Will there be a dance party??? (The last question is for anywhere we go lol)
She's old enough to at least know what she would enjoy and want to do and provide more feedback about if it would be enjoyable to her. She's also into D&D so LARPING isn't that far out of her realm.
Just a point of clarification on lightsaber training. Doesn't affect your child but kids need to be 7+ to do it.

Cesar R M

I have plenty of posts critical of Disney and the parks.

I just can't cotton criticisms with no basis of facts, or worse, in contradiction to facts.

You can hate LARPs and Disney and Star Wars. That's OK. You can't hate the Starcruiser based on presumptions (really bad presumptions) that have no evidence of existence, and hate the Starcruiser based on that.

E.g, being pre-annoyed that one is going to be kept up all night because out their bedroom spaceport they're witnessing the cruiser constantly going in and out of hyperdrive is just bonkers. It's hate for the sake of hate. It's contradicted by the fact that Disney already said one can close the 'blast door' on the spaceport.

Complain about the price. I won't stop you there. It is indeed too pricey.
The irony is that this kind of conversation happen in almost every single entertainment thread about an expansion, attraction or new shows. XD

Patcheslee

Just a point of clarification on lightsaber training. Doesn't affect your child but kids need to be 7+ to do it.
Yeh, she was a bit disappointed last trip we took because it was her only chance for Jedi Training at HS. Managed to snag a time slot, then when time came they canceled due to storms before walking to stage. Didn’t get any stand-by slots we attempted after.
I'm honestly wondering how they expect to get through a hotel full of people when the Training Dojo looks kinda small.

JoeCamel

Mmmm, this is a simulator of a naval ships bridge delivered to the Indian navy. Looks pretty plain

ari_naval.jpg

MrPromey

I'd normally laugh.... but this is sad XD
You know, I'm not about to shy away from calling crap on a lot of what this company is doing right now but I'll cut 'em a little slack on this one. From normal guest view, the building will be totally hidden so just like the warehouse that holds the actual Haunted Mansion, there isn't a lot of point in trying to theme the exterior, here.

If this were a GOGCR type situation, I'd have something to say but it's just kind of funny how industrial and not like anyplace anyone would want to pay to stay it appears from a bird's-eye view.

I mean, this is way better than the rocks on a stick you see driving by the back side of Hollywood Studios! (no sarcasm meant)

JoeCamel

You know, I'm not about to shy away from calling crap on a lot of what this company is doing right now but I'll cut 'em a little slack on this one. From normal guest view, the building will be totally hidden so just like the warehouse that holds the actual Haunted Mansion, there isn't a lot of point in trying to theme the exterior, here.

If this were a GOGCR type situation, I'd have something to say but it's just kind of funny how industrial and not like anyplace anyone would want to pay to stay it appears from a bird's-eye view.

I mean, this is way better than the rocks on a stick you see driving by the back side of Hollywood Studios! (no sarcasm meant)
Besides, if this thing flops they can lease it to CCA for a private prison. It has the theming readymade.....

mm52200

Ummm the guests will literally enter driving through the studios cast parking lot, going right past the un themed backside of Batuu, backside of rock work and will drive fully around the show building for the starcruiser before arriving in the front where the show building will be concealed from one very specific angle...total lack of master planning here.

TikibirdLand

Not really sure if this looks better than D’amaro’s video considering the lenses and perspectives used. We’ll all find out in 3 months.
OK, they got me. I thought it was some kind of parody; I kept waiting for the punchline. Then, I realized it was real. I think I'd rather have Sonny Eclipse. Don't use the name, "Ann Morrow" if you're not doing a parody, 'k Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom