News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If only they had put Storybook Circus (or something very similar) off of MSUSA where it is a better fit thematically, they could have developed a better flow between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Really not good especially for a Disney park. They just can't seem to let go of those two circus tents. 🎪🎪

Jokers🃏

😏
Please stop it 😢

I agree with you again. 😭

I remember measuring up the tents to find Frozenstrom would have fitted perfectly.

UNCgolf

There’s still two sizeable plots

I missed the parking lot to the south -- don't see any other spot, though! Looks like there are existing buildings everywhere else other than south of Space Mountain if they could fill in that pond (I would assume they couldn't, but who knows).

It looks like there could be room for two things in that parking lot area, though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I missed the parking lot to the south -- don't see any other spot, though! Looks like there are existing buildings everywhere else other than south of Space Mountain if they could fill in that pond (I would assume they couldn't, but who knows).

It looks like there could be room for two things in that parking lot area, though.
Ideally Buzz would be rethemed to something better and of higher quality (or just higher quality) and a new build would go in the car park. Capacity and all that. But with the SGE mess we know that won’t happen.

I’ve trotted this out before too from 1980:
View attachment 557610

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 So I guess that means they can fill in the pond?
F7336157-0FA6-4CFB-A48C-EE777B3B6026.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What in the world was this supposed to be in the red??

View attachment 557754

I'm probably just ignorant, but I've never seen a model of MK with that building there. Could you explain? Thanks!
I’ve never gotten a definite answer but it’s believed to be the fabled Mary Poppins dark ride. I must chase it up again.

UNCgolf

Not impossible but that pond was adjusted to handle more as part of TRON. Moving that much capacity would probably hurt the costs of any project trying to follow that concept.

Well that explains why it didn't look like there was much space there on current satellite imagery.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not impossible but that pond was adjusted to handle more as part of TRON. Moving that much capacity would probably hurt the costs of any project trying to follow that concept.
It was, but only in the vicinity of the COP. The (long dead) proposal didn’t involve extending into the lake. It was more illustrative, as also seen by the extended water courses north of SM and one that entered Tomorrowland by the (also never built) railroad station.

DisneyDreamerxyz

I’ve never gotten a definite answer but it’s believed to be the fabled Mary Poppins dark ride. I must chase it up again.
mk.PNG

I feel like the spaces on the left are logistically not very accessible, and the Storybook Circus redo is a pipedream I'm sure, so that leaves the vacant main street theatre/old stage plot as the only pad it seems.

I would love to see them expand Adventureland (I know the Fire Mountain idea is long rumoured but not sure how true it really is. They would have to redo the access road back there and the train track again.

The area behind Big Thunder would be hard to expand to but not impossible, I don't see them getting rid of Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island. What would be really cool is a bridge from Frontierland to Haunted Mansion. That way when you go up to Big Thunder you don't have to just turn around and go back the way you came.

J4546

i think that giant pond just north of the new tron building would be a pretty cool side to expand into, they could raise the rr tracks and create a tunnel underneath it to access an entire new land.....i suggest tritons kingdom because its indoors so you wouldnt see the massive tron building. something like this i drew up in ms paint lol.

Attachments

• mk1.jpg
    mk1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 174

The Aracuan Bird

Ideally Buzz would be rethemed to something better and of higher quality (or just higher quality) and a new build would go in the car park. Capacity and all that. But with the SGE mess we know that won’t happen.

I’ve trotted this out before too from 1980:
View attachment 557610
I think a mere retheme would be cheap and lazy, ultimately feeling temporary. A new long term attraction should go there when they can develop one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom