News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

This is purely anecdotal, but I was listening to the RetroWDW podcast recently and they were discussing attractions and lands (Batuu specifically) being designed in a "distressed" state from the get-go. The reason? Less needed upkeep to maintain it's "show".

Carry on.
And there are anecdotes about how much work goes into keeping The Haunted Mansion looking decrepit. Most of the stuff is not made of the materials they imitate so wear is going to show.

Mac Tonight

And there are anecdotes about how much work goes into keeping The Haunted Mansion looking decrepit. Most of the stuff is not made of the materials they imitate so wear is going to show.
Trust me, I've made cobwebs for movie sets before. It's a very delicate process.

I think their point was that in places like Batuu (they never mentioned HM as I believe that is a different animal) when paint starts to chip and you see scuffs around the edges, it doesn't stand out as bad show, because it's "supposed to look that way" by design.

lazyboy97o

Trust me, I've made cobwebs for movie sets before. It's a very delicate process.

I think their point was that in places like Batuu (they never mentioned HM as I believe that is a different animal) when paint starts to chip and you see scuffs around the edges, it doesn't stand out as bad show, because it's "supposed to look that way" by design.
Except it won’t. A plastic prop painted to look like metal will start to look [more] like plastic. It will not rust and wear like actual metal. Scuffed rock work will look like grey stucco, not worn rock. The show set is rarely made of the material it is supposed to look like so it will not wear and age in a manner consistent with the show.

Mac Tonight

Except it won’t. A plastic prop painted to look like metal will start to look [more] like plastic. It will not rust and wear like actual metal. Scuffed rock work will look like grey stucco, not worn rock. The show set is rarely made of the material it is supposed to look like so it will not wear and age in a manner consistent with the show.
I guess it's a good job no one will care either way.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is where a little forethought is a blessing. Coloring grey stucco so that it is a similar shade to the paint being used or dying the plastic used to make a metal ship silver costs more but makes any real wear look much more natural. Sadly, this is almost never done.

Disney Analyst

Guardians adds a awesome thrill to Future world but a Phineas and Ferb ride would be great i have ideas want to hear them

You are new to the boards, welcome! Each thread is dedicated to the specific topic, so in this case this is a place to discuss the Guardians attraction from its construction to when it opens.

If you have ideas you want to share, it's best to do so in the correct forum:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/imagineer.15/

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thought I would just throw this in here. James Gunn (GotG Director) has said he has still got to work on footage for a Disney Parks Ride.

i dont read that as things that are not necessarily not done yet - simply that the end of guardians 3 means the end of a long run of projects... including what he has listed.. that have kept him busy 7 days a week for years.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
i dont read that as things that are not necessarily not done yet - simply that the end of guardians 3 means the end of a long run of projects... including what he has listed.. that have kept him busy 7 days a week for years.
Apparently filming for the Ride would be during Vol. 3 filming, and I have no idea if they’ve even started filming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom