News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MICHAELRG

Just wanted to throw this out regarding a potential 2022 opening date - according to Huan Phan's LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/in/huanphan/) the ride is opening in 2022. He worked on the project from August 2018 through March 2020. Of course though the 2022 date on his LinkedIn could be a typo or wrong or out of date.

TDL

Speaking of which, did the Star Wars overlay of Space Mountain at Disneyland ever end?
Yes. It became seasonal, to only run during the month of May (for May the 4th). Assumedly they would have done the same this year had the park been open. There's also a Halloween variant for September/October. At all other times it's normal Space Mountain.

Disneylover152

Yes. It became seasonal, to only run during the month of May (for May the 4th). Assumedly they would have done the same this year had the park been open. There's also a Halloween variant for September/October. At all other times it's normal Space Mountain.
Speaking of which, did the Star Wars overlay of Space Mountain at Disneyland ever end?

It was Star Wars when I went in November 2019, not sure if it changed after.

UPDATE: Hyperspace Mountain ran from May 4, 2019 to January 6, 2020. The previous year in 2018 it only ran from May 4-June 3.

TDL

It was Star Wars when I went in November 2019, not sure if it changed after.

UPDATE: Hyperspace Mountain ran from May 4, 2019 to January 6, 2020. The previous year in 2018 it only ran from May 4-June 3.
Ah, right. In 2019 I believe it was to celebrate the opening of Galaxy's Edge (and shift some of the Star Wars fans to other parts of the park). But the 2018 schedule was supposed to be the norm.

trainplane3

Pulled from Instagram so people don't have to deal with an even smaller image:
descript coaster trains.jpg

trainplane3

So are they two car trains, or four car trains? I see two more cars behind the uncovered. If so that is 16 seats per car.
While it doesn't confirm anything, the GotG poster has 5 car trains. I doubt they'd go with 2 car on a coaster this large built in the modern day. I also believe they were testing a 5 car train (one rotating car, 4 empty/dummy/weight cars) on the temporary shuttle coaster over at Vekoma (well over) a year ago.
guardians-png.510137

Disney Analyst

While it doesn't confirm anything, the GotG poster has 5 car trains. I doubt they'd go with 2 car on a coaster this large built in the modern day. I also believe they were testing a 5 car train (one rotating car, 4 empty/dummy/weight cars) on the temporary shuttle coaster over at Vekoma (well over) a year ago.
guardians-png.510137

Okay so 20 per car. Pretty good.

Chip Chipperson

Pulled from Instagram so people don't have to deal with an even smaller image:
View attachment 510778

I'm a fan of the individual lap bars instead of a shared bar for both passengers. I'm pretty much a twig so I like my lap bar tight. I still haven't seen the movies, but I'm looking forward to this ride. The rotating cars seem interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom