News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

bhg469

I'm sorry to get factual here but Epcots standard closing time has been 9PM since its opened in 1982. Yes, it will stay open an extra 30 minutes during the holiday periods and midnight on NYE but the default closing for Epcot has always been 9PM. Everything else is revisionist history.
That time was definitely adjusted as time went on and as the parks needed. Aside from extra magic hours as well..

bhg469

One of my biggest disappointments at WDW is their parks don't stay open till midnight. Every hour of night is crucial, especially when limited in the summer. Plus you got that summer Florida heat. WDW is much more enjoyable in the winter for us night folks.

Staying past midnight at Disneyland is one of my favorite things to do & I'm glad they decided to return to those late hours again.
Maybe by some miracle the parks will be open later when they get their staff back to 100% but I feel like they are still making too much money to justify more employees on payroll.

Rich Brownn

I'm sorry to get factual here but Epcots standard closing time has been 9PM since its opened in 1982. Yes, it will stay open an extra 30 minutes during the holiday periods and midnight on NYE but the default closing for Epcot has always been 9PM. Everything else is revisionist history.
In fact, the original hours had Future World close at 7, and World showcase open 11-9

bhg469

In fact, the original hours had Future World close at 7, and World showcase open 11-9
The 1981 crowds were a tiny bit different than they are now, would you agree? Today, obviously there are staffing issues so it is understandable but the demand for later hours are there. When they are able to re-staff, hours will not change even though longer hours are needed.

correcaminos

The 1981 crowds were a tiny bit different than they are now, would you agree? Today, obviously there are staffing issues so it is understandable but the demand for later hours are there. When they are able to re-staff, hours will not change even though longer hours are needed.
1982 and the hours were not what was posted

It was later on it was just the 9-7 and 11-9 hours. I prefer 9-9 myself if they have the extra hours on Monday. Though many shops that do open don't until 11 anyway but the stroll through WS prior to 11 is nice.

Rich Brownn

Don't know about that. Those parking lot parties waiting for opening day were pretty epic... even if the parking lot wasn't even paved yet...
I was there - actually inside thanks to a VP - on opening day before the park opened. Dick Nunis' words will always echo in my mind when he saw the crowds waiting to get in. (Opening day did NOT go smoothly).

Epcot82Guy

I was there - actually inside thanks to a VP - on opening day before the park opened. Dick Nunis' words will always echo in my mind when he saw the crowds waiting to get in. (Opening day did NOT go smoothly).

I think we were all joking about the 1981 date - not opening day itself. I know all too well the stories on Oct 1, 1982 (though was not there myself)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom