News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Disstevefan1

PLEASE do not change the ride to make it less intense. They ruined Mission Space compared to the original by tuning it down (the Orange version is less intense than the opening day version). The people that get sick should just not go. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us.
When Mission Space originally opened there was at least one death after riding the original Mission Space. If I remember correctly Disney claimed the rider had a "pre existing condition", but Disney did slow down the more intense ride and as we know, created the less intense, non spinning experience of Mission Space.

I presume there will be no deaths riding Guardians, so the only way they would change Guardians would be if ridership is significantly low due to folks getting sick.

Time will tell.

Rich Brownn

They can program the turning/spinning. If enough folks complain the will tweak it.

When Mission Space opened, the more intensive version spun faster then what we have today and of course we now have two versions, the less intense does not even spin at all.

Not sure if this story is true but when Space Mountain opened at WDW, it went so fast, cars were flying off the track and it was slowed down.
Was before it opened, and not so much flying off the track but wheel damage that often jammed a car.

MrPromey

Was before it opened, and not so much flying off the track but wheel damage that often jammed a car.

Probably also worth mentioning that speed is a relative thing. Space Mountan has a top speed of what? Twenty-six miles per hour?

A “crazy”speed on that wasn’t like 60mph or anything. It was just faster than the tolerances of the vehicle/track combo could handle with twists, turns and drops.

To younger people, this may seem stupid and careless but at the time that was built, I think they were using the latest slide-ruler tech for figuring this stuff out.

No Name

$450 million for a coaster that either A) Many people won’t even ride, or B) Will ride once and never ride again.

WDI: “Controlled rotation on a roller coaster, what could go wrong?”

Lol GIF
Austin Powers Reaction GIF
It’s not like the line will ever be close to empty. So long it has constant demand and it’s enjoyed by the people who choose to ride there’s nothing laughable about it.

No Name

The turning and spinning are timed with the video... how would they adjust it?
It’s not like it ever really directly faces a screen post-launch that’s really important to the story (not that there’s much of a story post-launch anyway). They could definitely turn it down a notch and just have people look to the sides a little more.

EeyoreFan#24

When Mission Space originally opened there was at least one death after riding the original Mission Space. If I remember correctly Disney claimed the rider had a "pre existing condition", but Disney did slow down the more intense ride and as we know, created the less intense, non spinning experience of Mission Space.

I presume there will be no deaths riding Guardians, so the only way they would change Guardians would be if ridership is significantly low due to folks getting sick.

Time will tell.

I remembering hearing at one point awhile ago that test track, since it was a new technology, did some kind of on site R&D where they intentionally disabled all safety systems to literally crash test an uncontrolled ride vehicles. It unattached itself from the track around the breaking/downhill return section of the outdoor loop.

I handful of times I have thought about this and cannot remember where I heard this from or have been able to find sources online to refresh my memory about actual details vs what I think I remember hearing.

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes
Gosh. I'm seriously debating if I will go on this now or not. I felt queasy after Smugglers Run!

I plan to take Bonine the night before, but I don't want to feel sick and ruin an entire day... I never feel sick on Space Mountain or other coasters - maybe if I start to feel off I can just close my eyes?
I get queasy on any simulator ride. Smugglers, rocking rollercoaster, FOP all get me a bit off. I still ride them but I know when to close my eyes for a moment to help me orient myself. Star tours I refuse to get on.

For guardians, I just closed my eyes during the parts where I felt off. My advice is to close them for a few seconds during the turns and to try to keep your sight line forward. There’s one big swirly section that I’d recommend to shut your eyes for. There’s really not a whole lot to “look” at other than at the beginning. Shutting my eyes helped me come off the ride doing just fine.

solidyne

I get queasy on any simulator ride. Smugglers, rocking rollercoaster, FOP all get me a bit off. I still ride them but I know when to close my eyes for a moment to help me orient myself. Star tours I refuse to get on.

For guardians, I just closed my eyes during the parts where I felt off. My advice is to close them for a few seconds during the turns and to try to keep your sight line forward. There’s one big swirly section that I’d recommend to shut your eyes for. There’s really not a whole lot to “look” at other than at the beginning. Shutting my eyes helped me come off the ride doing just fine.
When you (and others) say look forward, do you mean in the direction the car is facing or in the direction the car is moving down the track?

RSoxNo1

Looks like the pre-show may be matching actual ride capacity. Both are efficient, but at least on opening day they were sending through empty cars because they weren't able to stack people at load / unload as efficiently. This is a good problem to have, and a far cry from the operational issues in the other direction.

Jacob Marley

What's funny is that I can ride Mako back to back many times, while intoxicated on some occasions and be fine, but put me on something that rotates and I'm done lol.
You're not alone. I don't understand it but I'm the same way. Have ridden many coasters many times without the least bit of nausea. Yet if I'm riding on a spinning ride or a real curvy road, I'm in trouble. 🤢
Logically if I enjoy coasters I should at least be able to handle curvy roads. But yet...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom