News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Haymarket2008

The Xandarians are secretly building an even longer one in China. HKDL loves augmenting American originals, so they challenged the Broker to procure one more helix so the Guardians of the Galaxy could once and for all discover the origins of the coronavirus.

Shhhh…

Gotta love how WDW will now receive yet another ride that will no longer be exclusive to the park/resort as a whole…..(MMRR and now Guardians)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Gotta love how WDW will now receive yet another ride that will no longer be exclusive to the park/resort as a whole…..(MMRR and now Guardians)
first world problems.png

TrippedUp

I mean, they had to do *something*, theres a giant gravel access road visible. Kinda an immersion breaker. Surprised its not the normal wood walls though. Even the green mesh fences look ugly. Maybe they don't like putting them on dirt.

pantalones79

It's the ideal way to learn.
Given: I dislike IPCOT (Intellectual Property, Center of Themes). However, if we must have an IP-related roller coaster, wouldn't TRON have made much more sense here? I feel as though a technology/computers pavilion could have actually fit in the Old Epcot. They could have put Guardians in Tomorrowland.
I agree. Guardians would have worked better in a spaceport-themed Tomorrowland. And Tron would have made more sense as part of an "Inner Space" pavilion anchored out of the old Wonders of Life building that could have housed Lightcycle Run (entering the digital world), a Cranium Command remake featuring the Inside Out characters, and even a reimagined "Journey Through Inner Space" dark ride. The architecture of Lightcycle Run even feels like it belongs more in EPCOT than in Tomorrowland.

WDWJoeG

I agree. Guardians would have worked better in a spaceport-themed Tomorrowland. And Tron would have made more sense as part of an "Inner Space" pavilion anchored out of the old Wonders of Life building that could have housed Lightcycle Run (entering the digital world), a Cranium Command remake featuring the Inside Out characters, and even a reimagined "Journey Through Inner Space" dark ride. The architecture of Lightcycle Run even feels like it belongs more in EPCOT than in Tomorrowland.
Just wait until you see the floor tile - then it will allllllllll make sense.

No Name

The Tron coaster is just a scenic whooshing through vaguely computery stuff… I feel like it’s exactly what Epcot should not descend into. The Guardians coaster at least has the potential to be a better fit through an actual storyline or plot point.

ToTBellHop

With no opening for that walkway, this seems like this is prepping for a complete reconstruction of Wonder's frontage.

I hope they remake it as Journey of Play!
We are already getting Wonders of Xandar and Journey of Water. So this must be the Universe of Play.

The Zach and the Team, it turns out, threw random Epcoty words in a hat and pulled them out at random to name everything new. I can’t wait for SSE to reopen as Mission: UNIVERSE: Journey Into The Wonders of the Living World of American Horizons.

Should really unify the park beautifully.

James Alucobond

We are already getting Wonders of Xandar and Journey of Water. So this must be the Universe of Play.

The Zach and the Team, it turns out, threw random Epcoty words in a hat and pulled them out at random to name everything new. I can’t wait for SSE to reopen as Mission: UNIVERSE: Journey Into The Wonders of the Living World of American Horizons.

Should really unify the park beautifully.
Still think Wonders of Xandar is a massively missed naming opportunity and that it should be Marvels of the Galaxy.

James Alucobond

sarcasm?

"Marvel" or intimations of that name can't be used by Disney in the U.S. in the parks.
I actually meant "Wonders of the Galaxy", which is what I've written in the past. I don't know why I said that this time aside from random brain aneurysm.

I just think it's more elegant to reference the film franchise name in a way that could still be a traditional pavilion name. Throwing Xandar out there is weird to me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I actually meant "Wonders of the Galaxy", which is what I've written in the past. I don't know why I said that this time aside from random brain aneurysm.
Ah, but Wonders is the other pavilion.

How about "Guardians of the Universe of Energy" and "Wonders of PLAY!"?

Then we can continue and rename the next ones "Horizons of Space" and "Test Track of Motion"!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom