News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is it actually a trend? It seems like one they set themselves, and while I don't inherently dislike it, their merchandise and parks have become far too over-saturated with it.
Itā€™s not really a trend, as far as I know. But someone fell in love with it andā€¦ here we are.

Disney has had a tendency to beat things into the ground over the last 10-15 years. Iridescent paint. Projections. The same merchandise available nearly everywhere. One could argue QS menu selections in most QS locations in years gone by, after DDP came about.

NobodyElse

Something can't be "very" unique.

Obviously it's a pretty common misusage (I've probably even done it myself when writing something quickly -- like on a forum), but an edited PR post should be better. It's a pet peeve of mine when it comes to edited writing.

Some people might contend that something can't be "pretty" common. ;)

NobodyElse

Goes back to what I said about edited/professional writing!

Although I'm not sure that is an issue the way very unique is. Common is a different kind of word than unique.
I'm mostly just poking a little fun, but I find those words to be similar. I get your point that "very unique" is like "very pregnant" - in its purest definition, it's an absolute. Some people find common / uncommon to be equally binary.

To play a bit of devil's advocate, if we were to come across one of only two remaining (fill in the blank)s, it would be tempting to describe it as "very unique", even though incorrect.

Luckily, there are words like "rare" that are both accurate and succinct. :)

UNCgolf

I'm mostly just poking a little fun, but I find those words to be similar. I get your point that "very unique" is like "very pregnant" - in its purest definition, it's an absolute. Some people find common / uncommon to be equally binary.

To play a bit of devil's advocate, if we were to come across one of only two remaining (fill in the blank)s, it would be tempting to describe it as "very unique", even though incorrect.

Luckily, there are words like "rare" that are both accurate and succinct. :)

And I don't even mind people saying very pregnant or very unique in informal writing -- it's just that we know his Instagram posts are written by a PR team and edited, so they should know better!

It's a minor complaint, though.

Mickeynerd17

It cost $450 million. YOU WILL LIKE IT or so help me Bob you will be kicked out of the park.
Meanwhile, Horizons was only approximately 167 million in today's dollars...

I wonder why it's so expensive. It's probably the new building, coaster track/cars, and a completely different interior footprint in the UoE building, but still it seems like a LOT of money for a coaster.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
Did someone just compare this launch coaster with programmed and controlled cars to a wild mouse?!?

Ooooh people really are wigging out on here.

I know itā€™s popular to hate on Disney these days, but take a breathā€¦
But donā€™t you think itā€™s mighty ā€œconvenientā€ that they carefully dismantled the crazy mouse from AK just as theyā€™re ramping up things in Cosmic Rewind? šŸ¤”
šŸ˜‰

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom