News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well... it's 1,500 ft. just getting to and from the gravity building...

1634732796980.png

tommyhawkins

View attachment 594591
I suspect thats where they are getting their numbers from to be honest, I can say now from the work ive done, i expect it to be longer than this number floating around, the one 2D ride track that I did was coming out at 4800ft. and that was definitely not all of the course plotted. I have said several times from the modelling I have done its over 6000ft on account of the elevations and the physical distances it covers, I will look into it in more detail tonight, i dont think i can get a measurement from my model cos its in complete track loop

No Name

1634738023502.jpeg

You may be wondering how this man is simply floating in this normal picture of nature, so I’ll explain. It’s a house covered in mirrors! 😯

I wonder how the bug blue box would look covered in mirrors. Maybe it would help, or maybe just draw more attention. Maybe it would reflect something weird or cool from certain angles. I don’t know, and I’m not saying it’s a good idea, but I kind of want to see what it would look like.

ImperfectPixie

View attachment 594632
You may be wondering how this man is simply floating in this normal picture of nature, so I’ll explain. It’s a house covered in mirrors! 😯

I wonder how the bug blue box would look covered in mirrors. Maybe it would help, or maybe just draw more attention. Maybe it would reflect something weird or cool from certain angles. I don’t know, and I’m not saying it’s a good idea, but I kind of want to see what it would look like.
The problem is that when the sun is reflected, it will be blinding.

Buried20KLeague

View attachment 594632

I wonder what the running "daily dead bird" count is.

tommyhawkins

View attachment 594591

This is what I have modelled which is still believe is only around 50%, but even this doesnt include a bunch of track visible in the photo graphs, or the fact that just getting back to the station is around 500ft. and this is all 2D. When I did my model of the Duelling coaster at EU it went from 1300metres flat to 1800metres with elevations.

cosmic_laidout.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is what I have modelled which is still believe is only around 50%, but even this doesnt include a bunch of track visible in the photo graphs, or the fact that just getting back to the station is around 500ft. and this is all 2D. When I did my model of the Duelling coaster at EU it went from 1300metres flat to 1800metres with elevations.

View attachment 594773
Yeah, adding 30%-40% to a 2D track would be a good rule of thumb for determining it's 3D length.

Giss Neric

I keep going back to the Disney official marketing for this ride that notes that the ride is "one of the longest enclosed coasters in the world" (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...alaxy-cosmic-rewind-opening-in-2022-at-epcot/).

If the ride really is/was >5000 ft, it would be THE longest enclosed coaster (and not even by a narrow margin... the current longest enclosed coaster is Mindbender at Galaxyland at 4198 ft). I know Disney is not known to flaunt records (mostly because they generally aren't setting records), but longest indoor coaster is a fair record to flaunt and if this ride is >5000 ft, you'd think they'd be flaunting that fact more directly in the press (unless they feel they need to keep the true length secret until Guiness officially confirms it). I dunno... it's just odd...

If it's truly just "one of the longest indoor coasters" that puts it at a length of only about 3500 to 4000 ft.
Mindbender has the traditional chain lift hill so that takes a like half a minute or more of the overall ride experience as opposed to a launch coaster. Unless of course this has tons of mid brakes.

Epcot82Guy

Yes - sadly "longest" track length doesn't really mean as much as we would like it to. For example, Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure and WDW's Space Mountain (either side) have about the same track length.

I'm not saying it's not a metric to consider. Rather, as with so many things... it's how you use it.

tommyhawkins

Mindbender has the traditional chain lift hill so that takes a like half a minute or more of the overall ride experience as opposed to a launch coaster. Unless of course this has tons of mid brakes.

It has at least two lift hills and at least one launch, and several block sections (from the parts that are visible)
Yes - sadly "longest" track length doesn't really mean as much as we would like it to. For example, Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure and WDW's Space Mountain (either side) have about the same track length.

I'm not saying it's not a metric to consider. Rather, as with so many things... it's how you use it.
It's neither a top hat launch coaster nor a fully dark nothing else happens coaster.

A better comparison would be Gringotts which is only 2000ft and one thing I consider a downside of gringotts is it's so short lived, so for me Cosmic Rewind being 6000ft or more is a metric I would consider a good thing not something to be ignored

ToTBellHop

It has at least two lift hills and at least one launch, and several block sections (from the parts that are visible)

It's neither a top hat launch coaster nor a fully dark nothing else happens coaster.

A better comparison would be Gringotts which is only 2000ft and one thing I consider a downside of gringotts is it's so short lived, so for me Cosmic Rewind being 6000ft or more is a metric I would consider a good thing not something to be ignored
Exactly. This one won’t be going 57 mph like RnRC, either. This looks to be a long coaster.

Casper Gutman

I’m bad with measurements - how many of those feet are spent getting to the gravity building?

Casper Gutman

I was just reminded that this “other-world showcase” pavilion is dedicated to a civilization that was, canonically, violently destroyed and it’s population massacred. Sort of like if SWL had been based on Alderaan. Seems like some wires got crossed between the studios and the parks.

Centauri Space Station

I was just reminded that this “other-world showcase” pavilion is dedicated to a civilization that was, canonically, violently destroyed and it’s population massacred. Sort of like if SWL had been based on Alderaan. Seems like some wires got crossed between the studios and the parks.
Guess it’s a worthy fit for the pavilion that prominently featured dinosaurs then 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom