News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

cookiee_munster

There's a part of me that likes to think now they've gone with this aesthetic incorporating the curved architecture the tron attraction has whether the rest of the land may adopt some more of this kind of look. I'm intrigued to see whether space mountain could have it's sharpness tamed by some kind of curved canopy instead.

and autopia needs to get in the bin.

nbdysreal

Not the best pic to show it, but Trom just blends with the land in Shanghai and still stands out. Especially later with the lights on. I hope DW looks even half as awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_1582_remastered.jpg
    IMG_1582_remastered.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 167

Dunston

I'd be surprised if this opens in Spring. Guardians is more likely to open by then. Just one man's opinion.

Why on Earth did Imagineering greenlight the canopy that isn't tall enough to completely obscure the show building?

drizgirl

I think people finally realized they've been waiting three years for a one minute ride.
Perhaps there's also less enthusiasm when they realized they're going to have to pay in the range of $80 (in addition to park admission) for a family of 4 to ride said one minute ride.

My own personal thought is that new rides are dead to me now. If I stumble onto one easily that would be great. But mostly they're dead to me.

Bocabear

I am hoping they do not touch the spectacular architecture of Space Mountain...it in itself is perfection... Adding a Tron Canopy would destroy the architectural intent and ruin the overall look...the way the arcade does... That said there could be some sort of a visual bridge between the two styles without diminishing the look of the original Space Mountain.
Shanghai's Tomorrowland is beautiful in person but looks kind of like a shopping center in a metropolitan city...Not as futuristic or whimsical as it could or should be. Yes the Tron canopy is great, but that is really the only thing of interest...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why on Earth did Imagineering greenlight the canopy that isn't tall enough to completely obscure the show building?
Because it's a copy of the one in Asia and it's already been engineered to work (i.e., not collapse) for its shape and size; and making a brand-new bigger one would have added months and months of extra development and ballooned the cost greater than its already exorbitant sum.

ToTBellHop

Because it's a copy of the one in Asia and it's already been engineered to work (i.e., not collapse) for its shape and size; and making a brand-new bigger one would have added months and months of extra development and ballooned the cost greater than its already exorbitant sum.
It’s a design flaw in both instances. Perhaps they’ll install shrubs up top.

3FDDB0F7-E173-48C1-86C7-E276A03EC8DD.jpeg

lazyboy97o

I'd be surprised if this opens in Spring. Guardians is more likely to open by then. Just one man's opinion.

You’re probably one of those ridiculous people who expected the Mark VIIs to actually fit on the monorail beams.

EricsBiscuit

I honestly don’t care about new rides at Disney anymore because they will be impossible to get on without being forced to pay an arm and a leg. Such a shame.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Isn't that an exaggeration? Queuing will remain an option for those who don't want to pay.
Sure it will. But spending a minimum of two hours in the queue for one singular ride that lasts less than two minutes vs whatever else they could do/see/ride? Many Some people will judge that not to be worth the tradeoff. (Edit - better?)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom