News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The photos show that it is a rather small building.

Yeah, you can see the pad it is going to sit on here:

1627433119557.png

Phicinfan

You should…because they have built things as part of a “celebration” and opened them before…

ever seen this:

View attachment 575064
It’s really not that hard…build ride, staff ride, soft open ride. Then promote it for 5 years like they are going to anyway.

and this “for the 50th” is perhaps the dumbest thing in the history of wdw as a reason…

they would lose no business by opening a trackless (3rd of 3…none very interesting) early and will gain none by waiting. It’s not Disneyland…you don’t get spur of the moment crowds that will show up months early…and that was before travel planning was destroyed by the plague

it’s just saving a few bucks on staff. Nothing more.

don’t stick your head in the sand on this…😎
Okay lets be fair here....
Had they opened it sooner, there would be as many or more here ranting that this was not part of the October celebration. One reason I am not as hard on them as some here.

That said I agree with you that what they are offering for 50th is pathetic. Even with shut down for Covid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay lets be fair here....
Had they opened it sooner, there would be as many or more here ranting that this was not part of the October celebration. One reason I am not as hard on them as some here.

That said I agree with you that what they are offering for 50th is pathetic. Even with shut down for Covid.
You have a point…people would complain.

as far as “the 50th” goes…it’s not at all surprising.

they don’t do “that” kinda thing in Orlando anymore. There’s no money in it…or it would have happened in the last 15 years.

I got to see the effect of advertising and promo during 2000…that moved the needle. I’m assured that the market and media has changed and it doesn’t anymore.

which is why the “celebrations” have been abandoned.

G00fyDad

I am pretty sure this will be in a tunnel, so not visible to the ride or visa versa

That's what I asked before and I think that someone said that there was no tunnel dug before Tron started so no tunnel can be dug now. I think it will be ridiculous to have a steam engine pumping through a futuristic "city" of Tron.

JohnD

The outdoor portion is there because Disney thinks Chinese people are idiots who wouldn‘t be able to figure out the idea of an indoor roller coaster.

World of Motion had an outdoor portion of it's omnimover ride too. Guess Disney thought it's guests were idiots who couldn't figure out it was an indoor omnimover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom