News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

I was thinking they're there to assist with installation. Something along the lines of a "safety net" in the event initial mounting fails.

Looks somewhat similar here (like they were removed as the canopy was finalized):
image-asset.jpeg

I would imagine each panel is unique like the space shuttle tiles. It would suck to drop one.

MrPromey

IoA is a cluster during a storm warning. It’s the main failing of the park.
Legoland and Busch Gardens Tampa are like that, too.

Busch Gardens in particular, might as well just call it a day since all of their attractions (save for two shows with scheduled times) are outdoors and shut down.

MrPromey

Yes let's put every attraction inside a building. 🙄.
Not every attraction but for a world-class theme park built in a region known for seasonal thunder storms, it would make sense to diversify a bit with more indoor attractions to help cope with the reality of the location.

The side effect of having more attractions with AC would just be a bonus.

But Universal isn't the only one operating a theme park in FL that basically has to shut down when there is a lightning, rain, or high wind risk.

Last edited:

J4546

cant wait for the canopy to start! every week it gets a little closer...its gonna look great when its all lit up, Im still wondering what the concrete pathwork will look like...

Jrb1979

Not every attraction but for a world-class theme park built in a region known for seasonal thunder storms, it would make sense to diversify a bit with more indoor attractions to help cope with the reality of the location.

The side effect of having more attractions with AC would just be a bonus.

But Universal isn't the only one operating a theme park in FL that basically has to shut down when there is a lightning risk.
My counter to that is putting attractions indoors makes it difficult to make them as intense as Velocicoaster.

J4546

My counter to that is putting attractions indoors makes it difficult to make them as intense as Velocicoaster.
my counter is that id like more intense rides to stay at Universal and more family friendly rides to come to Disney. of course this is just imo, some people like intense coaster rides but i prefer chill stuff like pirates and splash and indiana...well indiana isnt chill but its awesome

MrPromey

And my counter to you is, huh?

Am I to assume that, based on your "counter", you believe every attraction at IOA should be as intense as Velocicoaster?

Hate to break it to you but if you've never been, you're going to be disappointed.

Like I said in my original post, I'm in no way advocating for all indoors at either Universal park. You're the only person here trying to make that straw man to argue with for some weird reason.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom