News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

celluloid

With 14 people per train they would need to achieve ~38 second dispatches to hit 1300 people per hour. Seems tight to me but I haven’t seen the loading area/procedures

With so many variables and Florida Thunder storms I doubt that will happen often. I don't think the canopy qualifies as enough coverage for lightning are in the area.

jt04

With so many variables and Florida Thunder storms I doubt that will happen often. I don't think the canopy qualifies as enough coverage for lightning are in the area.

It does. Whether they still run the trains is another story. Most lightning would hit Space Mountain or the Tron show building anyway. The canopy probably has more ground connections than both combined.

celluloid

It does. Whether they still run the trains is another story. Most lightning would hit Space Mountain or the Tron show building anyway. The canopy probably has more ground connections than both combined.
That is a clasduc misconception oh how lightning rods and buildings work. Most peoole are struck and killed from the off shoots rather than the main bolt.

mergatroid

In fairness it applies to many attractions with outdoor elements and parks have been coping for decades with that. God forbid anybody pay to go to IOA of a day with lightning expected :D

jt04

That is a clasduc misconception oh how lightning rods and buildings work. Most peoole are struck and killed from the off shoots rather than the main bolt.

Certainly. I've always say ultimately lightning does what it wants. But I would feel very safe under that canopy.

Super excited to ride this! If Im understanding correctly the earliest projected opening would be Spring? Might they have the lighted canopy up and running this fall and, hate to get my hopes up here but maaaybe the Rail Road? 🤞 haha. (Apologies if this has been asked a million times.)

jt04

Super excited to ride this! If Im understanding correctly the earliest projected opening would be Spring? Might they have the lighted canopy up and running this fall and, hate to get my hopes up here but maaaybe the Rail Road? 🤞 haha. (Apologies if this has been asked a million times.)

It certainly appears to be the goal.

trainplane3

The netting is a similar color to the clear panels that will cover the canopy, maybe they decided to take the cheaper route here. ;)
I was thinking they're there to assist with installation. Something along the lines of a "safety net" in the event initial mounting fails.

Looks somewhat similar here (like they were removed as the canopy was finalized):
image-asset.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom