News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
If they were to dedicate a 5th gate to an ip it would be Star Wars or Marvel.

A 5th gate is at least 10 years away IMO. Besides, dhs has plenty of space for pixar if they remove more backstage infrastructure. 🏢
There will never be a 5th gate. They may build another castle park somewhere else and expand Disneyland but they’d be insane to build a 5th gate in the Florida swamps when we’re already at the point where attendance falls each year in the summer - peak vacation season most places! - because it’s too hot and getting hotter.

jt04

There will never be a 5th gate. They may build another castle park somewhere else and expand Disneyland but they’d be insane to build a 5th gate in the Florida swamps when we’re already at the point where attendance falls each year in the summer - peak vacation season most places! - because it’s too hot and getting hotter.

You better resend your memo to Universal because they are moving ahead with EU.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Walkthrough tunnels through the berm in the manner of TSI and even a potential structure at the end of pixar place and there you go. Might require a small below grade access for backstage road but very much within the capabilities of disney. 🔀🔩📐📝
Like I said
There’s room, but not a lot.
I do think we’ll get the TSR sooner than later.

JD80

Well, in 30 years WDW will be beachfront property.

trainplane3

I do think we’ll get the TSR sooner than later.
It seriously needs it. It should've always happened. Seeing the perfectly open area where it was going to go for day 1 before getting cut has annoyed me. They know it'll make big $$ so I still don't understand why it was cut (vs cutting an attraction).

r1.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It seriously needs it. It should've always happened. Seeing the perfectly open area where it was going to go for day 1 before getting cut has annoyed me. They know it'll make big $$ so I still don't understand why it was cut (vs cutting an attraction).

View attachment 557702
They “had” to make cuts and they couldn’t cut one of two attractions

RSoxNo1

It sounds bad because it is. And because for over a billion dollars you get an attraction ride count of around 3500 guests an hour. In total.

That’s less than just the Peoplemover.
I assume Falcon was regularly hitting 1700-1800, but we know Rise of the Resistance wasn't.

I'm also guessing that the Peoplemover hasn't had many 3500 GPH days in the last 5 years either.

With all that said, Galaxy's Edge needed the Kinetic third attraction. I think Pandora gets away with not having this due to the water in the land, but Pandora was also underbuilt from a capacity standpoint as well. As soon as Disney took a few steps forward addressing capacity issues (Soarin', Toy Story, Dumbo, New Fantaslyand), they followed it up with capacity errors (Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, Slinky Dog, Frozen Ever After).

RSoxNo1

I wouldn't say never, but I'd be very surprised at a 5th gate within the next 20 years.

doctornick

I assume Falcon was regularly hitting 1700-1800, but we know Rise of the Resistance wasn't.

I'm also guessing that the Peoplemover hasn't had many 3500 GPH days in the last 5 years either.

With all that said, Galaxy's Edge needed the Kinetic third attraction. I think Pandora gets away with not having this due to the water in the land, but Pandora was also underbuilt from a capacity standpoint as well. As soon as Disney took a few steps forward addressing capacity issues (Soarin', Toy Story, Dumbo, New Fantaslyand), they followed it up with capacity errors (Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, Slinky Dog, Frozen Ever After).
Yes, I don’t understand modern Disney’s reluctance to put more than 2 rides in new lands. Putting in a smaller C ticket to balance out the bigger rides in these new builds would be very helpful and could be done as a small part of the total cost.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
18.75 second dispatches, right? So 3500 would require an average of 18.2 guests per 5 car train. I would hazard that they’ve never hit that for an hour in the history of the park, but I could be mistaken.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Galaxies edge needed to be its own park but that won’t happen either. I always said that IP and Marvel were Disney’s last justifiable chance for another gate in Anaheim.

Movielover

Yes, I don’t understand modern Disney’s reluctance to put more than 2 rides in new lands. Putting in a smaller C ticket to balance out the bigger rides in these new builds would be very helpful and could be done as a small part of the total cost.
Alien Saucer's is the C ticket to balance out Slinky and Mania.

As soon as Disney took a few steps forward addressing capacity issues (Soarin', Toy Story, Dumbo, New Fantaslyand), they followed it up with capacity errors (Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, Slinky Dog

Does Slinky have capacity issues? Legitimately asking because I thought for a coaster it had a pretty good hourly capacity.

They should have just built a People Mover in Galaxy’s Edge. Theme it as some mining transport, have it travel through the land and into a sparkling kyber crystal mine. It would have added enormous capacity and kinetic energy at a relatively low cost.

bcoachable

I realize This is not the place for 5th gate talks- but I need to chime in by adding that a third domestic vacation destination would leverage more ability to make money with hotels and table service plus park merch, than a fifth gate in Orlando (IMO of course)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom