News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the reference was to wdwmagic's update:

PHOTOS - TRON Lightcycle Run coaster construction at the Magic Kingdom

The commentary mentions an orignally intended spring 2021 date.
Yes. And, according to insiders, pushed back to 2022.

But Disney could always reverse that decision... unless they truly are leaving the interior of the ride unbuilt for a lengthy amount of time, then, in that case, it will be 2022 since they wouldn't be able to complete it in time for 2021.

ilovetotravel1977

If the rest of the population (other than essential workers) start to get vaccinated let's say in April 2021, would Disney ramp construction back up so the ride would/could be open for the 50th (October)?

sbunit

If the rest of the population (other than essential workers) start to get vaccinated let's say in April 2021, would Disney ramp construction back up so the ride would/could be open for the 50th (October)?
I think it depends more on revenue coming in and available cash flow than how much of the population is vaccinated and starting to travel again.

Fox&Hound

I am interested in how much walkable space this will add to Tomorrowland. Will the paths around Tron in WDW mimic those in Shanghai (including the elevateD walkway)? It seems like they have trees around the ride in Shanghai and a lot of open space. Have we seen how the area around this new ride will be configured? I like Tomorrowland but feel like it is a lot of empty space and I just wonder how this new ride will compliment or improve the aesthetic of the land.

Seanual757

Delaying Tron would be such a stupid mistake.

It's already delayed construction is slated to be delayed until October 2021. The canopy will be completed and then it goes on hiatus I do not expect Disney to re-start early unless tourism returns back to 100% w/in the next few months. With Zero International travelers coming back until maybe the 3rd if not the 4th quarter ALL of 2021 will be a wash with Disney keeping things at a minimum to preserve cash.

Looks like they are going to plan for 2022 to be busy and all restrictions removed.

EricsBiscuit

It's already delayed construction is slated to be delayed until October 2021. The canopy will be completed and then it goes on hiatus I do not expect Disney to re-start early unless tourism returns back to 100% w/in the next few months. With Zero International travelers coming back until maybe the 3rd if not the 4th quarter ALL of 2021 will be a wash with Disney keeping things at a minimum to preserve cash.

Looks like they are going to plan for 2022 to be busy and all restrictions removed.
That is so incredibly stupid

Seanual757

That is so incredibly stupid

Nothing you can do limited capacity, guests not coming the cash flowing in is very little (break even). You push off construction to preserve cash it's a sign of the times and something Disney needs to do as they now see 2021 looks to be a total wash and the 1st 3 and maybe the 4th quarter will see limited capacity. Add that Disneyland will not re-open until sometime in 2021. We can only hope restrictions ease by the summer and hopefully wide open by Labor Day weekend if not 2021 is a complete wash and expect more layoffs and reductions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom