News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Tron will be “ready” to be open in weeks. Crazy because it’s only been 5 years since it’s announcement. The previous regime would have dragged it out for months. But I think josh understands that the perception part of the business is as important as the reality. Just open it. Who cares about selling it. It will sell itself. If they learned anything from ROTR, people delay bookings as opposed to making bookings.

Yep, it should be ready for first previews in about 14-15 weeks. ;)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Testing in progress.
IMG-20221204-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20221204-WA0002.jpg

matt9112

I think I read the THRC for the one in Shanghai is about 1700 per hour. I'm assuming it's exactly the same for the MK version; I don't think they changed anything about the ride or load/unload.

That means the actual capacity will probably be something like 1400-1500 an hour? I'm not sure how far below the THRC rides usually average, but I know the THRC is if everything was operating essentially perfectly which is almost never the case.

This x100 plus the average WDW tourist….the unique restraint is going to really slow things down. Anything different is often slow.

DCLcruiser

Putting everyone in a VQ for TRON (even though it was inevitable) with Splash down is going to really exacerbate crowding problems at MK.
I would guess that when TRON goes VQ, 7DMT will go Free-LL/SB, in order to offset.

Splash will be a big loss (although, it was weird, I got a Splash LL, walked passed like 100 people in the SB line. People are weird)

UNCgolf

I would guess that when TRON goes VQ, 7DMT will go Free-LL/SB, in order to offset.

Splash will be a big loss (although, it was weird, I got a Splash LL, walked passed like 100 people in the SB line. People are weird)

7DMT has standby now, though.

TRON will be fully VQ with no standby at all, so that'll likely be a couple thousand extra people doing other things instead of waiting in line.

DCLcruiser

7DMT has standby now, though.

TRON will be fully VQ with no standby at all, so that'll likely be a couple thousand extra people doing other things instead of waiting in line.
Yes, but you can ILL 7DMT, so no point in using the SB. LL will at least make you play the game, and possible get in line because you used LL on Peter Pan, etc.

UNCgolf

Yes, but you can ILL 7DMT, so no point in using the SB. LL will at least make you play the game, and possible get in line because you used LL on Peter Pan, etc.

Sure you can, but there are obviously a bunch of guests who don't do that, so it'll still have a big effect. It's not like 7DMT doesn't still get relatively long wait times even with the ILL option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom