News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

J4546

If Disney ever covered up Epcots (among all the other parks) parking lot with solar panel shades like they are doing ni Paris, that would keep the GotG showbuilding from view when in the parking lot. I wonder realisticly how much power covering the entire epcot parking lot would generate, would it be enough to power a major ride or two? or more? I really dont know how to translate size with wattage and how much each ride takes.

SilentWindODoom

Honestly.. WDW pirates can go.. it was an afterthought for the park and it shows in comparison to the original.

Just gonna leave this and all the included links to other articles here.

It's going to be a dedicated place for benches and a rest area for people to sit down and res... I'm sorry I can't say that with a straight face.

Its going to be a planter thats just tall enough to be useless as a bench.
;)

As the person who found the one flat post outside Typhoon Lagoon to sit on and is a master at finding places to sit on these trips, just lemme at it! :cool:

Whoa! I've never seen this piece of art. I thought we only ever had the two pieces.

Bathrooms are the last frontier of themed entertainment. I really hope this one aesthetically fits right into the Tron universe, maybe with stall doors that light up blue if vacant and orange if occupied, an awesome soundtrack, etc.

Their recent efforts have been improving, which gives me hope.

One bathroom is blue bike. One bathroom is orange.

They're all focused on their current projects and don't really give a hoot about the competition. Because people keep coming, and they won't stop.

There's something wrong with my brain. It started playing Smash Mouth. I've been ruined.

That's not true. Disney wouldn't be Disney if Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. were all just industrial boxes sitting in front of you with no facade hiding the ride building while you were walking through the park. The theming is a huge part of the appeal (seeing buildings from places other than on the ground inside the park is much less of a concern).

It's not like Disney is doing that with every ride now, or even most rides, but TRON and Guardians are both easily visible inside the park (TRON is not as bad as Guardians, though, partially due to its location). That's not a good trend.

The Mansion box was easily visible when the park opened.

Hypothetically if they ever tore down and replaced Space Mountain like they are doing in Japan, they could move the new building southwest a bit, opening up a much larger space between tron and SM, and then use/modify the railroad underpass that is used at the current SM or create a new one, and use it as an access point for guest to a new massive courtyard in front of the tron canopy giving it an area like in Shanghai with a dj booth and stuff. Hell you could fit a TRON bar in that space itd be massive

NO!!! WE DO NOT NEED THE RAILROAD TO BE DOWN FOR ANOTHER FIVE YEARS!!!

the only reason I ever heard of Tron before the sequel/reboot:

I've no idea where I first learned of Tron. But I want to add to the pieces of popular culture that likely taught people:

Bartattack

If Disney ever covered up Epcots (among all the other parks) parking lot with solar panel shades like they are doing ni Paris, that would keep the GotG showbuilding from view when in the parking lot. I wonder realisticly how much power covering the entire epcot parking lot would generate, would it be enough to power a major ride or two? or more? I really dont know how to translate size with wattage and how much each ride takes.

The panels on the Paris parking lot can deliver power for about 17% of the resort's power needs.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If Disney ever covered up Epcots (among all the other parks) parking lot with solar panel shades like they are doing ni Paris, that would keep the GotG showbuilding from view when in the parking lot.

Regardless of output, I'm really shocked this hasn't happened yet. I've been a few places that had solar panel covered parking and it's so, SO nice. Being able to park in the shade and know your car won't be 150 degrees F when you come back at the end of the day is such a nice perk. Could easily do that for the preferred parking areas and bump that parking fee up by $10 to help cover the costs. Speaking of parking, Ive found that the $25 standard parking fee at Disney is downright reasonable compared to other parks. I was just at Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ and was shocked to see that standard parking is $40 there.

corran horn

Last goal I heard was to have it open for the holidays, I think they really want it open pre Thanksgiving and have the grand opening next year. I think they will make it
A friend is going in May and hoped to me it'd be complete by then. I had to contain a bit of a smirk to be honest...

Gran Fiesta

Talked to my source again, and they mentioned that their team's work on the project is lasting at least till mid-January. If you knew what this person were working on, you'd agree: I don't think you see the general public on this ride before 2023.
Man I really hope not, I would love to ride it the first week of December when I go and @marni1971 liking my message gives me hope but the lack of an opening date being announced yet and your source makes me not very optimistic.

TheMaxRebo

Man I really hope not, I would love to ride it the first week of December when I go and @marni1971 liking my message gives me hope but the lack of an opening date being announced yet and your source makes me not very optimistic.

We haven't gotten to D23 yet - prime opportunity to announce an opening date there, no reason to do so prior at this point

Now's if that comes and goes with no dates, then 2022 opening ain't looking good

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom