News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh, I could definitely recognise its originality. Visually, it was very impressive, and I’m glad I watched it for that reason alone. I just found the plot extremely boring, to the point where I don’t think I’ll ever watch it again. I certainly understand why it appeals to others, though.
It can be very… pedestrian…. when watched today.

jaxonp

Kinda bummed we aren't getting the glass/clear railing around the raised pathway, but I'm sure it'll look nice regardless. I hope they incorporate some pattern work into the concrete at least

I can’t remember is Shanghai has glass or not. Either way, I agree but… imagine keeping the
glass clean would have been a nightmare

Edit: see next post

Last edited:

jaxonp

96CC5F0C-F130-45D7-8268-9B5C538FD256.jpeg

Here’s a photo I took back in 2018… Shanghai Tron has both glass and metal rails.

No Name

Anyone think they made a mistake branding this as Tron? I believe this was announced when they were still planning the Tron sequel, which they aren't anymore.

I'm surprised they didn't do a cheap alter and make it Buzz Light-year. Slap some decals and vinyls around. Change the projections content.
The sequel was dead before it was announced for MK. It’s worth noting that the canopy doesn’t resemble the aesthetics of either Tron movie nor does it make any thematic sense. But changing the vehicles and projections would probably cost an extra $50 million or for a likely questionable result so I don’t think it’d be worth it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The concept and ideas for a third film continued behind the scenes, from August 2016 to March 2017, when Jared Leto was announced to have signed on to co-star as a new character named Ares.[28][29][30] In March 2019, co-producer Justin Springer confirmed that development on the project is ongoing; stating: "...it's about finding the right time, right script, and the right people at the studio..."[31] In June 2020 the Walt Disney Studios President of Music & Soundtracks, Mitchel Leib, stated that while the studio hopes that Kosinski will return to the franchise, the studio is currently searching for a director. He also confirmed that the intention is for Daft Punk to once again serve as composers on the film soundtrack score.[32] However, it is unknown if the duo are reported to be reprising their return to the score, due to their official breakup as a band on February 22, 2021. By July of the same year, The DisInsider provided an update on the project confirming that Leto and the cast from Tron: Legacy will co-star in the film, while stating that the company is looking at new directors.[33] In August 2020, it was announced that Garth Davis will serve as director with a script written by Jesse Wigutow. In addition to Leto's role as one of the main characters, he will serve as co-producer with Justin Springer and Emma Ludbrook.[34] Leto expressed his excitement for production, crediting the original film as well as the original video game that he played as a child as being influential in his career.​

August 2020 is the last info we have that 'they're working on it.'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom