News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

bhg469

Let me know when Guardians gets on a best coasters in the world list or even one in America. It’s not even in the top 5 in Orlando. Heck personally it’s not even the best indoor roller coaster in Orlando (The Mummy.). It is however the best roller coaster to ever been built in Epcot.

It’s also not going to win the Golden Ticket for best new coaster this year either. Your statements go against the general concencus of the enthusiast community. That’s fine for you to have that opinion but it’s not right to extrapolate it out that it’s a majority consensus.
You know what? You make a very good point. I rode it again today and if we are comparing indoor coasters... Especially one with a "theme" mummy may be just as good.. it's a little more intense, scenes are just as good if not better and the surprise ending is still one of the coolest surprises in any attraction.

TrainsOfDisney

You know what? You make a very good point. I rode it again today and if we are comparing indoor coasters... Especially one with a "theme" mummy may be just as good.. it's a little more intense, scenes are just as good if not better and the surprise ending is still one of the coolest surprises in any attraction.
I always enjoy physical effects vs. digital. The fire effects alone make Mummy the best vs. all projections - plus the coaster portions are quite fun and exciting without being crazy intense.

*fairness - I haven’t ridden guardians yet*

bhg469

I always enjoy physical effects vs. digital. The fire effects alone make Mummy the best vs. all projections - plus the coaster portions are quite fun and exciting without being crazy intense.

*fairness - I haven’t ridden guardians yet*
I can't think of a way guardians could have an opportunity for more physical sets. The physical elements that you do see go by in a flash though.
I really enjoyed it and having only ridden it twice it's still shiny and new. Truthfully I've only ridden Hagrids once, and maybe I would enjoy that less if I rode it more, I don't think so though.

In the queue today my wife brought up hyperspace mountain.. and I thought this is hyperspace mountain with a super fancy ride vehicle.. while that oversimplifies it, it's not far from the truth... I LOVE hyperspace mountain though...

Rteetz

Since we are getting into this discussion IMO people that believe Guardians is the best coaster probably don't visit other parks much or don't do big coasters. For me if it lacks high G forces it's just a fun coaster but not work a bunch of re-rides.
Have you actually been on it?

Rteetz

I've been in it twice and you know how I know it's not a good coaster? Because I like it. No drops and no airtime is what coaster fans dislike. As someone who hates those things it's my kind of ride.
It’s not the most thrilling coaster but not every coaster has to be. My question tho was to prove that @Jrb1979 is jumping to conclusions without having actually being on it.

Jrb1979

It’s not the most thrilling coaster but not every coaster has to be. My question tho was to prove that @Jrb1979 is jumping to conclusions without having actually being on it.
My point wasn't to say it's not thrilling of that it has to be. My point was in regards to the PP saying it's the best coaster out there. It looks like a fun coaster and great fit for Disney.

Rteetz

My point wasn't to say it's not thrilling of that it has to be. My point was in regards to the PP saying it's the best coaster out there. It looks like a fun coaster and great fit for Disney.
That’s their opinion, people are entitled to such. We know you’re anti-themed and anti-disney coaster. That’s fine. I wouldn’t declare it the best coaster on earth but who cares if someone else does?

You also shouldn’t necessarily jump to conclusions if you have not been on said coaster.

UpAllNight

Disney have a decent lineup of coasters for their demographic, but in the way Velocicoaster was a smash for Universal & their demographic, the long discussed coaster for Dinoland would have been for AK too.

Some things aren't rocket science. Dinosaurs = cool. Coasters = fun. Add the 2, and bam. One of the best theme park combos possible. Disney have missed a trick, but I suspect it's not too late. An airtime filled woody with twists and banks - sure hit.

Tron will go down a treat, but I feel the placement next to Space Mountain is just a bit strange. Compared to Disneyland, which has a lot more dark rides (incl Rise, soon Mickey, Indiana Jones). It was possibly just the easy route when the park needed a bit of something else. But it will still be a hit. If Disney added at pace it's maybe not an issue, but the last big ride at MK was like 30 years ago, so that adds to the miss factor.

J4546

tron is gonna be awesome, im loving the pathway work im seeing so far with the curved concrete, I think that area will be pretty spectacular when its done. Also I get having tron so close to SM is weird but where else would it go? Not AK, Possibly Epcot cause I could see them doing some "digital pavilion" thing kinda like how they made GotG "fit" but they got GotG, so that leave MK and DHS. DHS seems like the obvious first choice but if you think about how huge tron is with not just the building and canopy but with pathway work that needs to flow up to the entrance 20ft off the ground because the coaster launches from under it, it just takes so much space and they would have to either dedicate most of the NW expansion to it or maybe get rid of the INDY show and put the area there. So MK is the logical choice because it adds to an area where there was nothing before and fits the aesthetic.... andwill hopefully kickstart a renovation of TL

SplashJacket

Let me know when Guardians gets on a best coasters in the world list or even one in America. It’s not even in the top 5 in Orlando. Heck personally it’s not even the best indoor roller coaster in Orlando (The Mummy.). It is however the best roller coaster to ever been built in Epcot.

It’s also not going to win the Golden Ticket for best new coaster this year either. Your statements go against the general concencus of the enthusiast community. That’s fine for you to have that opinion but it’s not right to extrapolate it out that it’s a majority consensus.
I would say it's easily the best Disney coaster built to date. Mummy isn't anywhere near the level of Guardians, not even comparable.

I'm not sure if I'm not making myself clear, but I do not think Guardians is the best coaster in the world. I do not think Guardians is the best coaster in Orlando.

But for someone whose primary desire from a coaster is not extreme thrills, but an indoor-themed environment, Guardians could easily be the best in the world to them.

For 99% of self-proclaimed coaster enthusiasts, Guardians will not be their best in the world coaster. But for a certain subset of coaster consumers, Guardians will be the best.

If you've read my last five posts (four of which just reiterated things from the first), this should be clear, and if not, that’s my bad.

5% of enthusiasts might see Steel Vengeance as their favorite because they love RMC coasters. Another 5% might see Fury 325 because they love B&M Gigas. To a small subset of people in the coaster community, I think (after having four rides) Guardians could be the best coaster in the world to them. In my mind, Guardians trumps every previous Disney coaster by a significant margin. Tron, by contrast, does not accomplish such a feat, I wouldn’t even argue it was the best Disney coaster at its original Shanghai opening.

As I defined in a previous post, I think a coaster is a world’s best contender if it excels in its specific category. Guardians does that. If you polled every coaster enthusiast in the world, there’s no way Guardians would be the consensus world’s best, because it’s not what most enthusiasts are looking for. But with something as subjective as “best,” Guardians can absolutely be the world’s best coaster to a lot of people.

There is no world’s best coaster, because that can never be truly determined. If you stepped every enthusiast to every coaster in the world and then polled them, a traditional vote and a rank-choice system would wield varying results.

I made a seemingly simple claim that Guardians could be the best coaster in the world (I personally don’t think it is), which resulted in a stream of responses about how Guardians isn’t what coaster enthusiasts want.

Moral of the story, it’s an elite, game changing coaster in a way that rides like Tron or RNRC (great coasters) are not.

Jrb1979

Wow man. It's ok for posters to say exactly what I said but cause I said its an issue. You've had issues with me since the Dis board days and I have never done anything wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom