News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

mattpeto

If you believe the rumors that when Splash Mountain closes, TRON will open, I have some news for you:

Looks what's going to be up and running during MVMCP (I know: subject to change)

1656077534991.png

SplashJacket

If you believe the rumors that when Splash Mountain closes, TRON will open, I have some news for you:

Looks what's going to be up and running during MVMCP (I know: subject to change)

View attachment 648396
I believe Splash will close early 2023 like after MLK, and then reopening for summer 2024.

It would definitely be a fast turn around, but it’s more than do-able.

yensidtlaw1969

View attachment 648396
I don't think that was necessarily the rumor - If I recall correctly, the idea was that Splash wouldn't close until after TRON was open, not that it would close when TRON opens. It seems reasonable to suspect that they would both want to get TRON running smoothly and wait out the busy Holiday period before taking Splash offline.

Generally Splash gets a healthy refurb each January right after the Marathon weekend - if I had to guess, it probably won't close for the transformation any sooner than that. I know nothing about when they actually plan to close it for the reworking, but if the goal really is to reopen it in 2024 then a mid-January 2023 closure wouldn't surprise me.

Disstevefan1

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Rteetz

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Probably.

I still find it odd that there are rumors that Splash could be closing soon and they listed as an attraction during the party.
I'm sure there's small print somewhere that says something to the effect "may not actually be available."

Which is needed in case the ride has to go down for repairs. They don't want guests suing them for claiming that Ride X will be available when it wasn't.

I've been to several MK AH events which listed 7DMT as an available ride and it was down the entire time of the event.

The list is not binding and subject to change and often wrong.

No Name

I'm sure there's small print somewhere that says something to the effect "may not actually be available."

Which is needed in case the ride has to go down for repairs. They don't want guests suing them for claiming that Ride X will be available when it wasn't.

I've been to several MK AH events which listed 7DMT as an available ride and it was down the entire time of the event.

The list is not binding and subject to change and often wrong.
It’s not even small print.

F400E071-8C97-44F1-B8BA-20C96868938E.jpeg

mattpeto

Disney isn’t that coordinated. They’re not sharing those sorts of plans with the website people.

Yes, we disagree here. There has to be some level of coordination since Very Merriest changed to MVMCP overnight on the website.

Yes the line is pretty clear that attractions can be "subject to change" @MisterPenguin and @egg . I still find it a weird and random attraction to list since there's only a handful so far and that's the rumored one to be closing soon.

We'll know soon more in a week or so about Splash future, hopefully.

trainplane3

Yes, we disagree here. There has to be some level of coordination since Very Merriest changed to MVMCP overnight on the website.

Yes the line is pretty clear that attractions can be "subject to change" @MisterPenguin and @egg . I still find it a weird and random attraction to list since there's only a handful so far and that's the rumored one to be closing soon.

We'll know soon more in a week or so about Splash future, hopefully.
Ride closings are fluid especially for a refurb that isn't 100% locked in. As an example of how fluid things are, UoE got new carpeting in theater 2 about 2 months before its closure.

Site admins are some of the last to get real updates as shown from the other thread covering entertainment changes.

Disney Glimpses

View attachment 648396
I have a feeling on where that rumor came from. While all things are pointing to Splash closing soon, it does not appear they are going to do a direct capacity swap here. They can use the added capacity during the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom