News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DCBaker

Premium Member
Tunnel starting to take shape -

2022-wdw-mk-tron-lightcycle-power-run-construction-train-tunnel-4.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would assume actual? It's bolted to the concrete walls in such a way that, to my eye, it wouldn't make sense as a form, and it matches the concept art.

You are probably right, just looking at one of the earlier pictures and there is no rebar sticking out of the top of the wall and there probably would be if they were going to pour a concrete roof.

TikibirdLand

They're not paying attention. There's nothing more iconic than that whistle first thing in the morning. And, no, just the whistle won't do...
And yes, I'm that guy that's chatting up the engineer while waiting to get underway. If you think you're a great engineer because you create computers, you haven't seen anything until a steam train engineer explains what it takes to get one underway first thing in the morning. After hearing that, you WILL appreciate hearing the whistle!

Patcheslee

And yes, I'm that guy that's chatting up the engineer while waiting to get underway. If you think you're a great engineer because you create computers, you haven't seen anything until a steam train engineer explains what it takes to get one underway first thing in the morning. After hearing that, you WILL appreciate hearing the whistle!
That sounds like fun to me.

GCTales

Having done the behind the scenes tour of the roundhouse , it is absolutely amazing the work that goes into getting them ready for the day and to operate them.

I seriously miss the old opening Welcome show with the train bringing the gang to the station.

Bocabear

Having done the behind the scenes tour of the roundhouse , it is absolutely amazing the work that goes into getting them ready for the day and to operate them.

I seriously miss the old opening Welcome show with the train bringing the gang to the station.
It will now be part of the "Magical Morning Welcome" available on Genie + for just $34.99 Adult, $23.79 Children.
Your family will squeal with joy as you greet your favorite Disney Characters arriving on a 19th Century Locomotive. This experience is suited for all ages.
Credit check required. gluten free options also available for a small charge.

TikibirdLand

It will now be part of the "Magical Morning Welcome" available on Genie + for just $34.99 Adult, $23.79 Children.
Your family will squeal with joy as you greet your favorite Disney Characters arriving on a 19th Century Locomotive. This experience is suited for all ages.
First AR App embedded in MDE confirmed!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'm honestly shocked they haven't monatized the train or the other transport options around the parks (Monorail, Boats, Gondola, etc)

UNCgolf

I'm honestly shocked they haven't monatized the train or the other transport options around the parks (Monorail, Boats, Gondola, etc)

Likely for logistical reasons. Any attempt to monetize resort transportation would cause serious operational inefficiencies.

Plus, they couldn't claim them as a perk to get people to stay at Disney resorts if you had to pay extra. That would probably drive a lot of customers off-site.

It's much easier to monetize them by simply raising the resort room rates, which they've done.

Andrew M

It really is incredible, especially considering the consequences if you try to cut corners, a pressure vessel filled with 140psi of scalding steam could explode at a moments notice.

The Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour is excellent, but if you want to take it a step further alot of museums now have 'throttle time' where you can drive or fire a locomotive for a short period of time. I did it at Strasburg and loved every second of it. Really makes you appreciate the engineering and effort that goes into maintaining & operating these century old beasts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom