News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DisneyfanMA

I'm sure this has been asked repeatedly and no one here knows....but with this push pull testing starting in mid March....is it realistic this thing is open to the general public before 2022 is over? I'm going early November (2nd week) and crossing fingers.

DisneyfanMA

They probably have tested it with one of those "boards" I saw used for the EE build. It basically sticks out as far as they think people will possibly be able to reach and they run the train. If it hits anything then they know they have a problem and can fix it.

And I'd venture the plexiglass attachment is a good 6 inches or more beyond the longest reach of anyone within their max height restriction (assuming there is one).

yensidtlaw1969

I'm sure this has been asked repeatedly and no one here knows....but with this push pull testing starting in mid March....is it realistic this thing is open to the general public before 2022 is over? I'm going early November (2nd week) and crossing fingers.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was doing Push/Pull tests in September 2013, and opened May 2014.

I do recall that the Mine Train's Push/Pull was particularly frought, given the unusual nature of the vehicles' side to side movement and the amount of foliage tightly planted around the ride envelope. It was also an original attraction, where TRON is a clone, so TRON may move a little faster through this process for a combination of these reasons.

So . . . it's possible? But Disney seems to be moving exlusively at the speed it chooses with this ride - they may decide to open it in 2023 just to give guests something to look forward to rather than opening it in the same year as Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT. If I were to place a bet I wouldn't count on riding this year, but I'd be happy for you if I were wrong.

Last edited:

DisneyfanMA

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was doing Push/Pull tests in September 2013, and opened May 2014.

I do recall that the Mine Train's Push/Pull was particularly frought, given the unusual nature of the vehicles' side to side movement and the amount of foliage tightly planted around the ride envelope. It was also an original attraction, where TRON is a clone, so TRON may move a little faster through this process for a combination of these reasons.

So . . . it's possible? But Disney seems to be moving exlusively at the speed it chooses with this ride - they may decide to open it in 2023 just to give guests something to look forward to rather than opening it in the same year as Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT. If I were to place a bet I wouldn't count on riding this year, but I'd be happy for you if I were wrong.

That's good context. I wouldn't bet on it either. But you never know!!! I won't lose sleep over it as I'll be with my family of children aged 5.5, 7.5 and 10. There is lots to look forward to since I haven't been since about 2012 with adults on a day trip.

JoeCamel

Nah. Let’s take this at a light jog.
Yeah, I don't see a lot left to do. Hardscape and landscaping and install tracks is pretty much it unless they really screwed up the ride build. Dress it out with paint and signage and open. Plenty of time to hit their opening.

Moth

You are the Bobs target audience...if they could get away with building a themed gift shop and skip the actual investment building an attraction, i think they would jump for joy. Let's not give them ideas...lol
It doesn't even look like they're gonna give it a gift shop anyway, so there goes that. 😥

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom