News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

castlecake2.0

Inw
I just wish they’d slow down. No one said, “we want this for the 50th!” and it won’t make it for 10/1, anyway. What difference is a few weeks to make it all look nice?
I wonder if originally that was the plan but someone somewhere wanted as many changes in place as possible by oct 1, not as much to make it part of the 50th but just to have a specific date where the majority of operational changes are completed.

ToTBellHop

Inw

I wonder if originally that was the plan but someone somewhere wanted as many changes in place as possible by oct 1, not as much to make it part of the 50th but just to have a specific date where the majority of operational changes are completed.
I’m sure. They just need to slow down and take a few weeks to get this set up right. Let the 50th start and then roll this out during the early November lull.

Or barrel forward in a couple weeks….

TimeTrip

Had 3pm slot and got to ride 3 times in the span of about 20 minutes. The line for photopass was almost longer than the 3 rides.. at around 15 minutes. No wait for crepes at around 345. It seemed to be crowded at the top of the hour.

As for the ride. Good fun. Only the left eye projector wasn't working in the outdoor scene before going "in".

Didn't know the champagne scene could be different from ride to ride...

SoFloMagic

Does the vehicle tip and tilt when you're falling from the roof or sliding down during the last scene in the kitchen?
Yeah, a bit. In all, it felt like it moved a lot less than rise or runaway railway.

The 3d really got in the way of me liking it more. The physical scenes were nice and I didn't like that the 3d glasses got in the way of my enjoying them more. Runaway railway accomplishes most (short of the cork gag) of the tricks without the use of 3d.

castlecake2.0

France has new “temporary non cultural” costumes for Rat and merchandise shops consisting of black pants/vest/bow tie. Though IDF for some reason is still wearing flag shirts.

aladdin2007

France has new “temporary non cultural” costumes for Rat and merchandise shops consisting of black pants/vest/bow tie. Though IDF for some reason is still wearing flag shirts.
I get the feeling "temporary" will become permanent, which concerns me for the rest of WS costumes down the road.

castlecake2.0

I get the feeling "temporary" will become permanent, which concerns me for the rest of WS costumes down the road.
It’s a visa related issue. Cultural reps have to wear their “national costume” as part of their visa which can’t be worn by domestic cast unless they are from that country originally. So World Showcase should be fine once cultural reps return. In the meantime though yes, it’s a lot of generic costumes in the countries as they can’t wear the national ones.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Ratatouille has been added to the Virtual Queue page -

IMG_FB356563B436-1.jpeg

J4546

i really dont think VQ will last long with this ride, it will be a standby / lightning lane within a year or two. Same with Web Slingers. Thats not to say the rides arent good, I really like WS and RAT looks to be a great addition to Epcot. Hopefully RotR gets its VQ removed in DL sometime soon because I really dislike VQ and would rather have a 5+ hour standby line oppourtunity than nothing.

aladdin2007

i really dont think VQ will last long with this ride, it will be a standby / lightning lane within a year or two. Same with Web Slingers. Thats not to say the rides arent good, I really like WS and RAT looks to be a great addition to Epcot. Hopefully RotR gets its VQ removed in DL sometime soon because I really dislike VQ and would rather have a 5+ hour standby line oppourtunity than nothing.

I hope they get so many complaints when guests get turned away and told they are not allowed to wait in line to ride, that it changes sooner rather than later....and I agree you should have the freedom to wait in a line if you choose. The direction they are going with all this stuff is ruining it for so many, this is exactly what Disney wants though, to push people out because of the overcrowding problems, and sadly it will work because if you don't agree to let the app dictate to you what to do and pay for extras, Disney is showing you the door.... check out the rick steves radio show if you can from todays broadcast,,this was all stated loud and clear and theories behind it. It was very telling and just reaffirmed the direction they are taking.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I hope they get so many complaints when guests get turned away and told they are not allowed to wait in line to ride, that it changes sooner rather than later....and I agree you should have the freedom to wait in a line if you choose. The direction they are going with all this stuff is ruining it for so many, this is exactly what Disney wants though, to push people out because of the overcrowding problems, and sadly it will work because if you don't agree to let the app dictate to you what to do and pay for extras, Disney is showing you the door.... check out the rick steves radio show if you can from todays broadcast,,this was all stated loud and clear and theories behind it. It was very telling and just reaffirmed the direction they are taking.

I firmly believe they don’t want to push anyone out, but they do want as many people as they can get paying the highest prices possible. From my chair, it feels like Disney believes they will be able to keep guests flowing in as in the past plus have them paying for more things than ever before. But… Human nature is a fickle thing, particularly when it comes to financial matters. All the sharp pencil people who model scenarios can’t account for someone having a bad day and deciding “Nope, this isn’t worth the money today”. They can’t account for the number of people who will see $15/day/person for Genie+ and say “No thanks”. They can’t account for a person’s tolerance for having Disney’s hand in their wallet as seemingly every turn right now and just not going. Leisure spending is not infinite. There are a plethora of other options available to people. The pseudo pay-to-play model they are implementing is something I genuinely hope is a massive failure. Nothing short of $lappie being unceremoniously tossed out on his bald head (and his stupid “Master Ship Builder” sign at Castaway Cay ripped out and burned) would make me happier right now. Well, maybe someone removing the oil rigs in WSL… 😉 Anyway… Voting with one’s wallet is the best way to send a message, and stopping by GS on your way out and sending emails to voice your disgust never hurts either.

ImperfectPixie

I firmly believe they don’t want to push anyone out, but they do want as many people as they can get paying the highest prices possible. From my chair, it feels like Disney believes they will be able to keep guests flowing in as in the past plus have them paying for more things than ever before. But… Human nature is a fickle thing, particularly when it comes to financial matters. All the sharp pencil people who model scenarios can’t account for someone having a bad day and deciding “Nope, this isn’t worth the money today”. They can’t account for the number of people who will see $15/day/person for Genie+ and say “No thanks”. They can’t account for a person’s tolerance for having Disney’s hand in their wallet as seemingly every turn right now and just not going. Leisure spending is not infinite. There are a plethora of other options available to people. The pseudo pay-to-play model they are implementing is something I genuinely hope is a massive failure. Nothing short of $lappie being unceremoniously tossed out on his bald head (and his stupid “Master Ship Builder” sign at Castaway Cay ripped out and burned) would make me happier right now. Well, maybe someone removing the oil rigs in WSL… 😉 Anyway… Voting with one’s wallet is the best way to send a message, and stopping by GS on your way out and sending emails to voice your disgust never hurts either.
Don't leave Iger and the BoD (and possibly the various parks Presidents) out of your wish. This ball of nickel/diming/price gauging/cut perks has been rolling for a bit.

SteveAZee

I think that, adjacent to the Law of Large Numbers, there's a model for guest behavior that Disney's got dialed in, and in general, given the millions of visitors, they can somewhat accurately predict which direction the herd (or subsets of the herd) will go. If they see that their model isn't working well enough, they'll adjust the model, tweak the perks and prices, and continue on. It's unlikely that a 'fall off the cliff' scenario will happen (financially), so they'll adjust if/when the herd shifts.

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe it to be true. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom