News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

DCBaker

Premium Member
If you were looking for an Epcot Park Pass on Oct 1st as an AP, passes were just refreshed -

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.53.03 AM.png

Figments Friend

I will be at Epcot on October 1st, so will get to witness first hand the likely crush of people converging in France for this.

Assuming Disney will be implementing a similar reservation system through the MDE app for those wishing to expereince the new Attraction........which of course shuts me out since i don't have access to that ( no smart phone / digital toys that work )

No big deal, i have plenty of other things to keep me occupied at Epcot ( and elsewhere ) that day....but it shall be fun to watch it all take place in person.

-

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I will be at Epcot on October 1st, so will get to witness first hand the likely crush of people converging in France for this.

Assuming Disney will be implementing a similar reservation system through the MDE app for those wishing to expereince the new Attraction........which of course shuts me out since i don't have access to that ( no smart phone / digital toys that work )

No big deal, i have plenty of other things to keep me occupied at Epcot ( and elsewhere ) that day....but it shall be fun to watch it all take place in person.

-
I may be wrong, but when we were at DHS for ROTR in GE, there were Castmembers stationed for people who had problems on their phones and I believe there were also CM that were for people without smart phones... Want to say guest services make the effort to support those guests who don't have a smart phone (like they still offer the key to kingdom card & magic bands). Know before you go, cause timing is key.

No Name

I may be wrong, but when we were at DHS for ROTR in GE, there were Castmembers stationed for people who had problems on their phones and I believe there were also CM that were for people without smart phones... Want to say guest services make the effort to support those guests who don't have a smart phone (like they still offer the key to kingdom card & magic bands). Know before you go, cause timing is key.
The problem is, if boarding passes run out in seconds, I imagine it would be pretty tough to get a CM to snag you one.

pdude81

Not if they are still using Park Reservations. I mean, it could be crowded sure, but they could use that system to limit overcrowding if that is the desire.
But that would mean they wanted to limit crowds at the time they are releasing new attractions to absorb crowds.

doctornick

But that would mean they wanted to limit crowds at the time they are releasing new attractions to absorb crowds.

Well, I would frame it more as opening up new attractions to draw crowds, really. They aren't doing Ratatouille and Harmonious and such just for the sake of being nice.

I absolutely agree that October 1 will be a mob scene - and Disney wants a ton of people coming. But one thing that can occur is that Disney can use the Park Reservation system to limit guests at one (busy) park and shunt them to other parks - if that is something Disney wants to do.

co10064

Premium Member
I guess since the whole park (Future World + World Showcase) opens at one time, it's hard to say what will happen, but in the past, were guests able to walk all the way around World Showcase at park open, or were there ropes blocking off the pavilions from Norway to France? I'm interested to see what park operations will look like once Ratatouille opens (in terms of if you'll be able to walk from Frozen to Rat and vice versa). I feel like with two "headliner" attractions in World Showcase, it will start to look increasingly poor to have so much closed in that section of the park.

castlecake2.0

I guess since the whole park (Future World + World Showcase) opens at one time, it's hard to say what will happen, but in the past, were guests able to walk all the way around World Showcase at park open, or were there ropes blocking off the pavilions from Norway to France? I'm interested to see what park operations will look like once Ratatouille opens (in terms of if you'll be able to walk from Frozen to Rat and vice versa). I feel like with two "headliner" attractions in World Showcase, it will start to look increasingly poor to have so much closed in that section of the park.
Previously there would be a rope with a cast member at China and the France bridge or Morocco transition (depending on bakery hours)

doctornick

Previously there would be a rope with a cast member at China and the France bridge or Morocco transition (depending on bakery hours)
Once Rat opens, I'm sure that it will open with the park just like FAE. So, the question just becomes "do they rope of between Morocco and China?" forcing everyone to go the UK/Canada route or do they just open up all of WS walkway and let people walk either direction. I feel like they'll just do the latter but have the pavilions closed.

Stevek

-
I'm hoping that by the time we go on 12/2, the initial surge will have lessened a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom