News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

castlecake2.0

The canopy that blocks the attraction entrance is supposed to be that portal.
That works for me too. I don’t mind because the addition is behind the pavilion and you have that bit of a walk to transition to it. If they had built it along the promenade right beside the OG pavilion I’d be bothered by how jarring the difference is. So although I was originally upset by it, I have made peace that I get to keep my original pavilion out front, and have the new addition around back that I know my niece and nephew are going to love.

I also think having a few more family rides in world showcase will help get kids more engaged in the area and hopefully a side effect of that will be learning a bit about these countries. Now WS will have more of a balance between things like frozen and ratatouille and the cirrclevison and theatre shows.

_caleb

This expansion is not about giving people a slice of France. It’s focus is instead on giving you a totally zany ratatouille adventure as a rat running around the world. That is something different and therefore the result should be something different.
This is what I was trying to say. I agree with you—“forgotten” isn’t the right word when it comes to storytelling, maybe a better word is “convoluted?” With the Ratatouille expansion, they’re telling a different story than they were with the pavilion, and “magical portal arches/canopies” aside, it doesn’t seem to work well here. The transition from “idealized France“ to “cartoon Paris” is only part of the problem.

Also, many Disney guests may not be well-versed in the elements of design and planning that you’ve helpfully laid out above, but I think many (not all) will nevertheless feel the differences. Thoughtful people may not be able to pinpoint exactly why the space feels, off, but they certainly recognize that something doesn‘t quite ”work” (at least in the ways that other lands/areas in the parks do).

It used to be what we referred to as “the Disney difference,” but now I’m not sure what to call it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That works for me too. I don’t mind because the addition is behind the pavilion and you have that bit of a walk to transition to it. If they had built it along the promenade right beside the OG pavilion I’d be bothered by how jarring the difference is. So although I was originally upset by it, I have made peace that I get to keep my original pavilion out front, and have the new addition around back that I know my niece and nephew are going to love.

I also think having a few more family rides in world showcase will help get kids more engaged in the area and hopefully a side effect of that will be learning a bit about these countries. Now WS will have more of a balance between things like frozen and ratatouille and the cirrclevison and theatre shows.
And you can't discount the new "TacoVision" screens in the lagoon...

lazyboy97o

This is what I was trying to say. I agree with you—“forgotten” isn’t the right word when it comes to storytelling, maybe a better word is “convoluted?” With the Ratatouille expansion, they’re telling a different story than they were with the pavilion, and “magical portal arches/canopies” aside, it doesn’t seem to work well here. The transition from “idealized France“ to “cartoon Paris” is only part of the problem.

Also, many Disney guests may not be well-versed in the elements of design and planning that you’ve helpfully laid out above, but I think many (not all) will nevertheless feel the differences. Thoughtful people may not be able to pinpoint exactly why the space feels, off, but they certainly recognize that something doesn‘t quite ”work” (at least in the ways that other lands/areas in the parks do).

It used to be what we referred to as “the Disney difference,” but now I’m not sure what to call it.
I think believing your customers are too stupid to notice is a horrible way to run any business, especially one supposedly built around experience and service. But then there are things like the crêperie thread where people earnestly argue that how buildings look has no bearing on the theme park experience.

Last edited:

Prototype82

I'm going to shift some focus away from the sign discussion and ponder this: Is this driving anyone else nuts?
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 12.55.57 PM.png

lazyboy97o

Or close the window all the way because for some reason there’s a wall-colored panel in the way...
It’s supposed to be the railing of a Juliet balcony. A piece of wood painted to match the wall isn’t what those normally look like? How you are supposed to use your balconet or get to your flowers with a fixed window is another question. It’s a shame the French don’t have some sort of eponymous door they use in such situations.

pektas

Starting March 13 Epcot is open 11-11 every day until march 20......guessing not but any chance the extended hours have anything to do with this possibly opening during that time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom