News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

dreday3

That and a lot of the land Disney owns is unbuildable, or so swampy that while you could technically make it work the costs can’t be justified when you could just build nearby. Disney has put in footers only to watch them sink more than once.

I'm terrified of sinkholes. An irrational fear? Yes. But reading this brought it back to the surface...:D

dreday3

I'm a Geologist in the Orlando area if people have questions about the environmental impacts on property. I can assuage (or intensify) fears about sink holes!

What are my chances of being on Spaceship Earth and a sinkhole opening up and swallowing us all?

Or to keep on topic, what if I'm on Ratatouille?

(yes, I've thought about this) :D

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm a Geologist in the Orlando area if people have questions about the environmental impacts on property. I can assuage (or intensify) fears about sink holes!
Am I correct that sinkholes that eat roads and buildings are typically more related to unanticipated changes in water flow vs building on soft land?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Do I have a higher chance of Mickey taking all my money or falling in a sinkhole?
1611707146583.png

UNCgolf

Maybe I’m in the minority here but, I prefer the sky liner to the old decrepit slow moving monofails that Disney wants no part of anymore. Have I given in?

I wouldn't call it giving in. Nothing wrong with preferring the Skyliner.

I actually hate the Skyliner and wouldn't ride it except as an absolute last resort (which is why I have no plans to ever stay at any of the Skyliner resorts) and would much rather have an expanded (and upgraded) monorail, but it's all personal preference.

jaxonp

I wouldn't call it giving in. Nothing wrong with preferring the Skyliner.

I actually hate the Skyliner and wouldn't ride it except as an absolute last resort (which is why I have no plans to ever stay at any of the Skyliner resorts) and would much rather have an expanded monorail, but it's all personal preference.
I didn’t like it at first but it’s really grown on me. There’s almost never a wait and if there is it’s not very long. I’ve only been stuck twice but that was when it first launched. I personally think they need it to run to Disney springs yesterday.

Surferboy567

I also really like the Skyliner (although I have only rode it a handful of times).

Wouldn’t say I prefer it over the monorail both are great transportation options.

SplashJacket

I also really like the Skyliner (although I have only rode it a handful of times).

Wouldn’t say I prefer it over the monorail both are great transportation options.
In its current state, I definitely prefer the Skyliner. Currently, the monorail just has too many glaring, yet fixable, flaws.

From overcrowding to slow transit times, the monorail has become a pain, especially when with a wheelchair.

The Skyliner is a quick, peaceful, and oftentimes private journey.

Overall, it is a very enjoyable experience. My first ride was with two extreme skeptics, but they both walked away pleasantly surprised.

rioriz

I didn’t like it at first but it’s really grown on me. There’s almost never a wait and if there is it’s not very long. I’ve only been stuck twice but that was when it first launched. I personally think they need it to run to Disney springs yesterday.
I take the skyliner often, just because. Now with the social distancing having a gondola by yourself is very relaxing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom