News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

EricsBiscuit

They should have installed these:

Toilettes-publiques-%7C-630x405-%7C-%C2%A9-OTCP.jpg
You’d have to pay for them too! I’ll never forget leaving Notre Dame and then finding out I had to pay to use the restrooms haha.

UNCgolf

You’d have to pay for them too! I’ll never forget leaving Notre Dame and then finding out I had to pay to use the restrooms haha.

Exactly. Disney would love to get some extra revenue by charging for toilet usage!

Although the paid toilets in Paris have mostly disappeared. The majority are now free to use.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would you say that it would open only as Standby only? Or would there be a virtual queue (ie digital fastpass)? Or boarding groups? Or just keep walking because it would be a sea of humanity?
Last I heard VQ had been looked at and discounted. But that was when it was thought Covid would blow over. VQ/ boarding groups wouldn’t surprise me if safety dictated it.

castlecake2.0

Random thought, but I’m wondering will this open with flag shirt costumes or will have its own costume different from cultural hosts usually wear?

rreading

The backstage view is amazingly bad. But they accepted it.

I feel like I apologize commonly for Disney, but have you been on the monorail at DL? The views there are still terrible. Something bad somewhere else doesn't excuse bad elsewhere; but I feel like if they were wanting the backstage side of the building to be less obvious then they would have gone with a beige to blend with the building facades.

My impression is that this backstage view is contrived and part of the show. I envision that were I on the Skyliner with my kids that we would discuss the way that the showbuilding is large and yet invisible from within the park and how they have the faded facades set back to look like they're at a distance. While it's clearly a backstage look at the set, it's not an unpleasant view to me.

Just my $.02. fwiw

edit to add: If we're worried about seeing behind the scenes, then the egregious one at Epcot is GotG

castlecake2.0

I feel like I apologize commonly for Disney, but have you been on the monorail at DL? The views there are still terrible. Something bad somewhere else doesn't excuse bad elsewhere; but I feel like if they were wanting the backstage side of the building to be less obvious then they would have gone with a beige to blend with the building facades.

My impression is that this backstage view is contrived and part of the show. I envision that were I on the Skyliner with my kids that we would discuss the way that the showbuilding is large and yet invisible from within the park and how they have the faded facades set back to look like they're at a distance. While it's clearly a backstage look at the set, it's not an unpleasant view to me.

Just my $.02. fwiw

edit to add: If we're worried about seeing behind the scenes, then the egregious one at Epcot is GotG
I see what you’re saying, I’m still hoping for some trees behind France and also to hide the mess behind morroco or at least screen it a bit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel like I apologize commonly for Disney, but have you been on the monorail at DL? The views there are still terrible.
Yes I have, and yes they are. Wave to the cast having a snack with their feet up on the plastic patio furniture next to the parked vehicles.

But this one is brand new. Meticulously planned and built in the last few years.

rreading

Yes I have, and yes they are. Wave to the cast having a snack with their feet up on the plastic patio furniture next to the parked vehicles.

But this one is brand new. Meticulously planned and built in the last few years.

But I truly don’t know how they could’ve done it differently. Honestly, what would you have preferred? The 2-d facades above over the ground floor buildings should look great from within the park, but couldn’t be wrapped around the backstage. Lowering the skyliner with an arcade of trees blocking the view for that stretch would probably be the only option.

Once the skyliner gets the behind-the-scenes view, it is what it is. I don’t try to focus on Everest or SW:GE or Pandora from the back but those views exist as well from within WDW.

lazyboy97o

But I truly don’t know how they could’ve done it differently. Honestly, what would you have preferred? The 2-d facades above over the ground floor buildings should look great from within the park, but couldn’t be wrapped around the backstage. Lowering the skyliner with an arcade of trees blocking the view for that stretch would probably be the only option.

Once the skyliner gets the behind-the-scenes view, it is what it is. I don’t try to focus on Everest or SW:GE or Pandora from the back but those views exist as well from within WDW.
They could have built an expansion that worked with the existing spatial organization of the pavilion instead of around back along a walk with nothing to see.

The show building could have been angled differently.

Facades could have extended south past the show building. It would even be possible to keep the service road available.

Facades could have wrapped the building. This wouldn’t require full set dressing but at least a continuation of the tectonics of stone construction instead of an abrupt switch to metal panels. The party wall/backside of a stone building would be much less abrupt of a transition.

This is a multi hundred million dollar project by what is supposed to be the world’s premier themed design studio. Lousy planning and McMansion aesthetics don’t cut it.

yensidtlaw1969

Notice that all these examples are from the last 15 years.

Disney has gotten worse at concealing backstage despite having more resources than ever accessible to them to do so. What really has changed, which money can't buy you out of, is what they prioritize.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Honestly, what would you have preferred?
A bit more old school planning? A better view from a 240 million dollar plus cable car? A better route for the cable car? A dog leg to the the knoll next to ESPN and a cable route between Resorts Blvd and the canal? A better transport solution? The originally planned canal system?

I mean I’m not an engineer but:

6E61D428-9ED6-459A-B9DB-4F56F5D5E7E0.jpeg

It has to be the worst arrival introduction to a Disney park to date. But cupcakes.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

A bit more old school planning? A better view from a 240 million dollar plus cable car? A better route for the cable car? A dog leg to the the knoll next to ESPN and a cable route between Resorts Blvd and the canal? A better transport solution? The originally planned canal system?

It has to be the worst arrival introduction to a Disney park to date. But cupcakes.
Tell us more about this canal system...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom