News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Yeah, based on watching a ride video (which doesn't give you the complete picture, I know) I don't see why it even matters that the ride is bilingual. The dialogue isn't really important; it's not like Spaceship Earth where the narration is a major part of the experience.
I think it's more to do with the fact (opinion) that hearing the bilingual audio might remove one from their own immersion and experience, however culturally accurate. American audiences didn't watch the Pixar movie in French. It's the same reason why ride safety dubs stand out. I'm sure it's easy enough to gloss over but it's still somewhat surprising to me, but again, no not really because it was likely just another cost-saving decision. There's no larger intent behind the reasoning to include it.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My daughter loves Fancy Nancy, who is obsessed with Paris and French culture and uses many French words in the show and books. Maybe Nancy could be an ambassador for the French language

I like it! A baby steps way of establishing some edutainment and explaining away bilingual audio within attractions. Seems a good use of IP. There's definitely a difference between that and just having bilingual audio in an attraction just because. The idea that we actually learn something makes the inclusion of foreign dialog in an attraction more forgiving and more meaningful. That's a good solution! They could also incorporate cultural edutainment within the queue or play app. The same could be said for Miguel in a would-be/couldabeen Coco attraction.

gerarar

Premium Member
A wild structure has appeared! ;)
74B914B1-D822-4745-91BD-C1E7E398F147.jpeg

08DEA601-4D89-421E-8C5B-E79C4C79C312.jpeg

B6F204E6-B709-486E-A5CF-F3FC46C8BD5C.jpeg

5346C00F-C8E3-4D40-8D17-A6BF55FB0E90.jpeg

Just in case you didn’t know, we already knew a merchandise booth/cart was coming from permits and plans that were public a while ago..

A new thingy appeared in the stroller parking(?) area:
4D910DC1-0503-4908-A9A8-54EED5B3F79F.jpeg

The gate that leads backstage has been painted to give it a old rustic worn out look:
E36743C8-213D-4305-9D02-F2FA8DBFAD91.jpeg

All pictures are credited and come from site that shall not be named..

wdrive

As others have said, the language isn’t a big deal on this. You’re a rat in a French restaurant. Having ridden it multiple times in Paris the story is easy enough to follow whether you know English, French or any other language. There isn’t a huge amount of dialogue.

Remember it was designed for Paris, I’d say easily the park with the biggest variation in languages by guests.

Sir_Cliff

I think it's more to do with the fact (opinion) that hearing the bilingual audio might remove one from their own immersion and experience, however culturally accurate. American audiences didn't watch the Pixar movie in French. It's the same reason why ride safety dubs stand out. I'm sure it's easy enough to gloss over but it's still somewhat surprising to me, but again, no not really because it was likely just another cost-saving decision. There's no larger intent behind the reasoning to include it.
Did the use of words and phrases in Spanish also diminish audiences' enjoyment of Pixar's Coco? Having been on the ride in Paris, it seems fairly analogous to me. You may not understand every line of Proud Corazón, for example, but I think everyone gets the gist and the use of Spanish adds to rather than subtracts from the song by grounding it in the culture being represented.

Ldno

I think the ride will be English, given how rides like beauty and the beast are translated into their native language, same with pirates of the Caribbean in shanghai, I noticed every ride in their native parks use their language, so I’m sure this one will be english when it’s all said and done I think.

If it’s French the better anyways, I like to polish my French a little bit hehe

Disney Analyst

I think the ride will be English, given how rides like beauty and the beast are translated into their native language, same with pirates of the Caribbean in shanghai, I noticed every ride in their native parks use their language, so I’m sure this one will be english when it’s all said and done I think.

It's already confirmed directly from Disney that the ride is bilingual. All aspects of the ride are in both English and French.

If anything this is actually the most Canadian ride Disney has built... We are very used to a French and English mix, where they say all the same things in both languages and just alternate.

Ldno

It's already confirmed directly from Disney that the ride is bilingual. All aspects of the ride are in both English and French.

If anything this is actually the most Canadian ride Disney has built... We are very used to a French and English mix, where they say all the same things in both languages and just alternate.
Canadian? Awwww the irony they set it France hahaha Canada’s a Pavilion away lolol

nickys

Premium Member

Not true about the international parks. Ratatouille is bilingual in DLP, just like this will be.

FigmentFan82

Would t mind Monsiour Paul getting a Remy’s makeover. Sorry isn’t that is sacrilege to some but my one experience there was underwhelming and the decor was wilding dated and stuffy. Conversely I love Chefs de France

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom