News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

AndyMagic

My guess this includes some good looks at the land itself, which is unique to WDW

In a way this is Little Mermaid redux. A clone of a ride that is "fine" but not loved with a bunch of fancy decorations stapled to the outside. It could be worse though. At least Epcot isn't getting an expensive clone of a ride that people HATED like USF did in 20018.

That said, I do wish they would have taken the opportunity to "plus" the ride experience or least reprofile the motion in the RVs to make it a bit more dynamic than the DLP version.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So... if you've been on the original ride at WDSP and have seen the original area... is this really "new and exciting and exclusive" stuff to watch? Asking for a friend. Or two. :)

I thought it was hard to hear the English narration during the ride, but maybe that was just me being absorbed into everything going on.

Piebald

I'm in my mid 30s so not old but not TikToks (intended?) audience but some of the stuff is funny. Theres a lot of creativity and strange and funny stuff. The Ratatouille musical stuff is very bizarre but some people are writing seriously and singing a lot. It's a strange meme but I dig it.

180º

I don’t think so. It’s worth noting that it’s mostly due to the huge pixel count of the video that takes up massive render time on servers vs rendering the FAR less pixel dense (2K?) original film. They said a similar thing about the Flight of Passage film, for the same reason.

To re-animate the character’s lip sync is relatively simple and quick. They’ll have to re-render all of the scenes, but that’s all up to the servers. Very doable, and my guess is the ride will debut tout en Anglais.
Well, my post aged poorly after literally one day. 😂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can they not create fun Tik Tok content and also put out clever and classy ad campaigns?

One does not negate the other. Create it all. Appeal and pander to all demographics.
Yo, yo, sous vide
it down widda street
livin' on rue roux
mixin' up a rouille
makin' my paté a frappé
bathin' in burgundy.
C'est la vie, mon ami.

UNCgolf

In a way this is Little Mermaid redux. A clone of a ride that is "fine" but not loved with a bunch of fancy decorations stapled to the outside. It could be worse though. At least Epcot isn't getting an expensive clone of a ride that people HATED like USF did in 20018.

That said, I do wish they would have taken the opportunity to "plus" the ride experience or least reprofile the motion in the RVs to make it a bit more dynamic than the DLP version.

Little Mermaid is pretty awful; saying it's "fine" is a stretch. Although I'm not super enthused about Ratatouille based on ride videos from Paris, it still looks like a significantly better ride than LM.

Giss Neric

It's funny, that I am not old, as a kid of the 80s, I remember Round and Round, playing with Dangerous Toys, and a culture that was out of bounds from my parents. However, I do stand by my statement, that all this attention seeking social media stupidity, is not productive.
I would assume you do have at least one social media account from tons available, so it's impossible for you to not know TikTok or have encountered someone in public doing something for it. I don't engage in this social media mess and I am not fond of TikTok but at least I am aware that it exists.

It's okay to isolate yourself from society but not totally. I initially assumed you were like borderline senior citizen when you said you didn't know TikTok.

NelsonRD

I would assume you do have at least one social media account from tons available, so it's impossible for you to not know TikTok or have encountered someone in public doing something for it. I don't engage in this social media mess and I am not fond of TikTok but at least I am aware that it exists.

It's okay to isolate yourself from society but not totally. I initially assumed you were like borderline senior citizen when you said you didn't know TikTok.

And you would assume wrong (unless you count this forum). No Facebook, Twitter, TikTok here, and amazingly, I still function everyday without that validation. I know what the platforms are, what I do not know is, what the point of it all is. Personally, I do not find entertainment in watching somebody dance on a terribly recorded phone video. I am not isolated from society by not contributing to social media nonsense, I just choose to not leave any breadcrumbs of my life out there, which is working to my advantage.

My point was, I question the effectiveness of social media marketing.

Sir_Cliff

Little Mermaid is pretty awful; saying it's "fine" is a stretch. Although I'm not super enthused about Ratatouille based on ride videos from Paris, it still looks like a significantly better ride than LM.
I would say Ratatouille is far, far better than TLM. Maybe not the most amazing attraction WDI has developed, but at least it's fun. That's a lot more than you can say for TLM.

Last edited:

dreday3

Thanks, with that, @RichKermitFan, and @MisterPenguin comment, I am going to go have my mid-life crises now.
Back to Ratatouille......

🤣 Nooo! I was saying the person calling you old, all of the sudden when they turn 40 will say it's not old!

Hey, I'm mid (ahem) 40's, I'm not young, I'm not old. I merely exist and enjoy myself! :)

And I'm impatiently waiting for this ride to open, because I'm not getting any younger!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom