News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

So, the image and caption below is from MiceChat - what do you think of this statement/assumption that there will actually be access to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie from the new Rat area? I thought it was actually ruled out by insiders.

View attachment 508618

I don't know how that would be a guest entrance. In the picture below, if you go through the kitchen door and keep to your left, then you'd come to the above-pictured double door. So... that's right through the kitchen.

View attachment 508638

They'd have to carve out quite a hallway to get you to the serving area.

Thanks, so it’s most likely an emergency exit for the kitchen staff.

EDIT: Maybe not even for emergencies. That might be the new back door way for the kitchen staff to get to the patisserie.
The door is not even access to the kitchen or any other backstage portion of the bakery. The door provides access to existing electrical equipment that was previously outside. You can see the box in the MiceChat photo and the equipment in these aerials.

FerretAfros

Furthermore, the rear of the existing pavilion is at a higher elevation than the new Ratatouille area, so any door at grade would require stairs to access the onstage facilities on the other side of the wall.

The main walkways on the front side of the pavilion slope up to Impressions de France and the Les Halles area. This was done so that guests could enter the theater from the rear, at the highest level of seating, which would then slope back down roughly to grade.

This also explains the infamous misaligned door on the blue building in the new area: the door is aligned with the actual floor inside the building, while the windows were aligned with the roofline to be seen over the tops of trees; neither were intended to be seen from grade level, and have no meaningful relationship to it.

france-pavilion-epcot-fountain.jpg

There are a few clever tricks that help hide the grade change from guests, including the gradual scaling down of buildings from the 3-story Chefs de France on the promenade to the 2-story theater as the ground level rises. Additionally, swapping the fountain for planters in the rear sections helps trick the mind into thinking the ground is flat, as the change can be better hidden than with 3 terraced pools of water; most folks mis-remember 3 fountains there anyway.

Ldno

what’s up with Epcot’s hour changes in november? i noticed my park hours are from 11am-10pm the day i go? will they open up something big? harmonious or rat? 😮 fingers crossed!!!

brihow

Additional close up -

View attachment 509297

I think this is such a superior sign than the Paris original. Lots of added details and flourishes, and it features Remy in the sign which I really like. Sometimes imagineering does get it right.

UNCgolf

I think this is such a superior sign than the Paris original. Lots of added details and flourishes, and it features Remy in the sign which I really like. Sometimes imagineering does get it right.

I prefer the Paris version -- this one is a bit gaudy for my tastes.

Not saying it's bad, though. A middle ground between the two might be best for me, but between the two I prefer the simpler version. It reminds me more of an actual restaurant sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom