News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

J4546

I don't think I would call it working well when people frequently have to stand in line for 1, 2, 2.5+ hours to get in it. The VQ worked well and we didn't have to spend a large part of the day standing in line. I know things will change a bit when Genie+ rolls out on the 19th but for now it's a mess.
people stand in line for 2 hours for a bunch of rides in the disney parks, so i dont see a problem. I personally wouldnt stand in line for more than an hourish for any ride, but if people wanna wait, more power to em. At least with standby, you have the option of riding if you wanna wait, and your not shut out because you couldnt get a boarding pass. With lightning lane it will probably work better but we will see very soon.

Hopefully standby comes to RISE in DL, as well as WEbslingers in CA

RoadiJeff

The other night wait for RISE was posted at 125 minutes. It was 40. Every other time I have been on RISE the wait time was 50% of what was posted, I guess just in case of breakdowns?
That wasn't the case with us. When our group of 7 arrived, the posted wait time was 160 minutes. Our actual wait was 155 minutes, although everyone said it was worth it.

I was hoping the crowds would be low like they were when I visited WDW a year ago. However, it seemed like everyone waited until the second week of the 50th anniversary celebration and decided to go to the parks. MK this past Monday was especially crowded. With no Fastpass, there weren't many options if someone wanted to do the rides.

castlecake2.0

Very very rough drawing but after what I saw today I give it about 6 months before this happens
F622BA83-31E6-492A-86FD-23D855092423.png
D44A67D9-1384-457E-AF6E-B88F633B6CE4.jpeg

castlecake2.0

“Wall People” : Guests who have lost the desire to remain standing and due to lack of available seating find any available vertical surface, usually a wall or low rise fence/curb (and in extreme cases merchandise displays) to use as a back support as they sit on the ground with legs extended as far out into walkways as possible.

Epcot82Guy

“Wall People” : Guests who have lost the desire to remain standing and due to lack of available seating find any available vertical surface, usually a wall or low rise fence/curb (and in extreme cases merchandise displays) to use as a back support as they sit on the ground with legs extended as far out into walkways as possible.

IA$ reservations for wall space confirmed.

EeyoreFan#24

They try the purple parade wands, but unfortunately, they startle easily, but the’ll soon be back, and in greater numbers too.

aladdin2007

Just got back.

It’s a very good ride, but more so a very important addition to Epcot. This park needed a family friendly modern ride addition. It fills out a section of the park with a real red blooded breathing attraction. More like this are needed. Badly. The rest of the park is an aging mess.

Too bad few are allowed to ride it, the whole lottery system is ridiculous. We got on the app at 1:05 return time was not till near 9 tonight, and we werent staying that late, so its just crazy cant be bothered with such things. They need to figure out a better system or just allow standby, you should have the freedom to stand in line if one chooses. Its all getting way too complicated.

DonaldDoleWhip

While I can't say Rat is a favorite of mine, I do agree that it's a solid and fitting addition to Epcot. It certainly lands better when the ride is playing a supporting role vs. the headliner status it gets by default in Paris.

Another nice byproduct of Rat’s positive reception is that it changes the discussion around IP. You see, most of us don’t hate IP because it’s IP; we hate when the integration is weak or unsatisfying.

Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure? Eh, it works.

BatB replacing Impressions for most of the day? Kill it now.

Coco in Mexico? Luca in Italy? Encanto in Colombia (if culturally authentic and well-received)? These could all absolutely work.

Too bad few are allowed to ride it, the whole lottery system is ridiculous. We got on the app at 1:05 return time was not till near 9 tonight, and we werent staying that late, so its just crazy cant be bothered with such things. They need to figure out a better system or just allow standby, you should have the freedom to stand in line if one chooses. Its all getting way too complicated.
This. Whether good, very good, great, or just okay, Rat absolutely doesn’t warrant this exclusivity. (Reminder that starting tomorrow, you’ll be able to work around the 6-8 hour VQ wait by paying up.)

The main problem is that Epcot’s attraction roster is beyond stale, causing excessive waits for anything new. Two new rides and some glowing lights won’t fix that.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

While I can't say Rat is a favorite of mine, I do agree that it's a solid and fitting addition to Epcot. It certainly lands better when the ride is playing a supporting role vs. the headliner status it gets by default in Paris.

Another nice byproduct of Rat’s positive reception is that it changes the discussion around IP. You see, most of us don’t hate IP because it’s IP; we hate when the integration is weak or unsatisfying.

Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure? Eh, it works.

BatB replacing Impressions for most of the day? Kill it now.

Coco in Mexico? Luca in Italy? Encanto in Colombia (if culturally authentic and well-received)? These could all absolutely work.

I agree with this entirely. Rat as filler is fine. Really, my main two issues are:

1. They directly cloned it vs. adjusting the story slightly to fit Epcot. (i.e. IMHO you should enter into the artist's loft illustrating Remy's cookbook - and that takes you into the ride queue as is - and the story is Remy is going to teach you how to make his favorite dish vs. making it for you.)

2. The facades needed a little work, especially the flats. A little less cartoon and more an extension of the original style for the pavilion. And, get rid of the visible supports and terrible sight lines from the Skyliner.

Again, these felt like cheap outs/budget cuts vs. true issues. And I'd say the issue with so much right now is in execution and story/fit - vs. the idea itself.

UNCgolf

I agree with this entirely. Rat as filler is fine. Really, my main two issues are:

1. They directly cloned it vs. adjusting the story slightly to fit Epcot. (i.e. IMHO you should enter into the artist's loft illustrating Remy's cookbook - and that takes you into the ride queue as is - and the story is Remy is going to teach you how to make his favorite dish vs. making it for you.)

2. The facades needed a little work, especially the flats. A little less cartoon and more an extension of the original style for the pavilion. And, get rid of the visible supports and terrible sight lines from the Skyliner.

Again, these felt like cheap outs/budget cuts vs. true issues. And I'd say the issue with so much right now is in execution and story/fit - vs. the idea itself.

This applies to that entire expansion in various ways. The idea of building a creperie is befitting and a good addition, but the execution of what they actually built is terrible.

Epcot82Guy

This applies to that entire expansion in various ways. The idea of building a creperie is befitting and a good addition, but the execution of what they actually built is terrible.
Yes. I would actually take it well beyond the France expansion. So much of what is being done seems failure in execution vs. concept. From FEA to the Poly entry to Enchantment to Enchanted Rose to Riviera to the Contemporary room redo, this is my biggest gripe. And made worse by much stronger successes (IMHO) they have had with Beacons of Magic, Steakhouse 71/Contemporary Lobby and Gran Destino. At least one group internally "get it".

UNCgolf

Yes. I would actually take it well beyond the France expansion. So much of what is being done seems failure in execution vs. concept. From FEA to the Poly entry to Enchantment to Enchanted Rose to Riviera to the Contemporary room redo, this is my biggest gripe. And made worse by much stronger successes (IMHO) they have had with Beacons of Magic, Steakhouse 71/Contemporary Lobby and Gran Destino. At least one group internally "get it".

I'd quibble with a few of your choices -- the Enchanted Rose and the Incredibles rooms at the Contemporary were bad concepts that were also executed poorly IMO -- but I agree with the overall point. The Poly entrance is absolutely another example of fine idea paired with awful execution.

Epcot82Guy

I'd quibble with a few of your choices -- the Enchanted Rose and the Incredibles rooms at the Contemporary were bad concepts that were also executed poorly IMO -- but I agree with the overall point. The Poly entrance is absolutely another example of fine idea paired with awful execution.
I actually think we may agree more than you think from our past posts. (Meaning I think a monorail-focused redo of the rooms with Incredibles added very subtly in pop art, like the bathroom Jack Jack art and maybe pillows, and the Enchanted Rose should have been a luxurious, dark wood lounge themed to the rose gardens - and featuring subtle nods to the various roses of Disney). I'm each case, the IP should be the subtle nod and second layer - not overt focus for no reason.

lazyboy97o

I actually think we may agree more than you think from our past posts. (Meaning I think a monorail-focused redo of the rooms with Incredibles added very subtly in pop art, like the bathroom Jack Jack art and maybe pillows, and the Enchanted Rose should have been a luxurious, dark wood lounge themed to the rose gardens - and featuring subtle nods to the various roses of Disney). I'm each case, the IP should be the subtle nod and second layer - not overt focus for no reason.
IP and subtlety is a contradiction. There’s no point if it isn’t noticed and if truly subtly would often just be an unnecessary anachronism.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom