Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Sir_Cliff

Thanks. The obvious holes left by the removed shields suggest to me that something is going to take their place.
Yes, I assume they'll add something. This was what I was referring to in the discussion about the oar on the new Jungle Cruise sign. I don't have an issue with them updating the sign, but I really hope they resist the temptation to go whacky and cartoony with their new props.

LittleBuford

Yes, I assume they'll add something. This was what I was referring to in the discussion about the oar on the new Jungle Cruise sign. I don't have an issue with them updating the sign, but I really hope they resist the temptation to go whacky and cartoony with their new props.
I think they went that way with the new Jungle Cruise sign because of the ride’s own silliness. It seems unlikely to me that they’d take the same cartoonish approach for the land’s entrance, though they’ve thrown worse surprises our way recently (World Showcase Lagoon, I’m looking at you).

Incomudro

I'm not very optimistic about what sort of "adventure" the new signage/entrance way will evoke.
Perhaps they can put some pirate themeing there?
Are pirates still ok? Skulls, swords...?
Probably not.
Maybe they can put a brave female pirate there with no sword and no gun.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Yes! And they can substitute the guns and swords for hens and grandfather clocks! Brilliant!
Hey! Something along these lines could be intimidating, chilling, wreak of adventure, No? No guns and no swords!
1627845404257.png

Bocabear

WDW's Adventureland Entrance has always been less interesting than it's counterpart in California...
But they did used to have torches around the entrance at night which were beautiful...Those are gone now, and the entrance is just a bare arbor... It would have been nice to have reconstructed it more like the Disneyland Entrance... More evocative of adventure than an arbor with stuff tied to it.... and the hut roofs on either side would have provided a little shade and shelter during rainstorms.
1627907347276.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom