Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

peter11435

Thanks! That was super helpful and insightful!

View attachment 553964
He’s right though. The skippers are doing their jobs and filling the time with jokes where necessary.

As for why the attraction is open. There was/is a global pandemic. With limits on park capacity and decreased attraction capacity they need all the throughout they can get.

lightningtap347

He’s right though. The skippers are doing their jobs and filling the time with jokes where necessary.

As for why the attraction is open. There was/is a global pandemic. With limits on park capacity and decreased attraction capacity they need all the throughout they can get.

I just wanted to know if they were having them extended ad-lib or if they had made changes to the spiel/script. There's no reason for such a smart-assed / useless response. Obviously they're telling jokes, I just wanted to know how the procedure changed around the blank sets.

Bocabear

Can you even imagine if they added and upgraded the settings and props so much that the skipper jokes were not even necessary... because the actual sets and animatronics were so engaging?
There was a time when the Jungle Cruise was not snark... that started as the original sets aged and people got more jaded...
This would be an interesting time to just completely overhaul the whole thing and make it a real adventure...

The Aracuan Bird

Can you even imagine if they added and upgraded the settings and props so much that the skipper jokes were not even necessary... because the actual sets and animatronics were so engaging?
There was a time when the Jungle Cruise was not snark... that started as the original sets aged and people got more jaded...
This would be an interesting time to just completely overhaul the whole thing and make it a real adventure...
I’d prefer they did that.

Movielover

There would certainly need to be a more adventurous feel added to it since at that point you're essentially just making a wet and shorter version of Kilimanjaro Safari. But I would love to see what could be done, heck at that point a Indiana Jones overlay might work as well.

UNCgolf

There would certainly need to be a more adventurous feel added to it since at that point you're essentially just making a wet and shorter version of Kilimanjaro Safari. But I would love to see what could be done, heck at that point a Indiana Jones overlay might work as well.

And one with fake animals.

There's no way to make the Jungle Cruise serious as currently exists. No one is going to be enthralled by AA elephants, rhinos, etc. when they can go see the real thing a couple of miles away. Completely overhauling it into an Indy ride could work, though.

LittleBuford

I consider the humour charming and hokey rather than snarky. And weren’t the gags added only a few years after the original Jungle Cruise first opened?

I for one love the current approach and would be sad to see a more serious or “thrilling” style of attraction take its place.

Sir_Cliff

I consider the humour charming and hokey rather than snarky. And weren’t the gags added only a few years after the original Jungle Cruise first opened?

I for one love the current approach and would be sad to see a more serious or “thrilling” style of attraction take its place.
As far as I understand, it was Walt and Marc Davis who decided to make it more humorous in the early-1960s. I think it was honestly a genius move which probably saved it from eventually going the way of the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

lazyboy97o

“No monkeys. Monkeys aren’t funny. When I was young, I thought all comedy was funny. If I didn’t see the humor of a joke, that was plainly my fault. But then, in 1961, came the TV première of “The Hathaways,” starring Jack Weston, Peggy Cass, and the Marquis Chimps. It was not funny, not at all. Even I could see that. And I blamed the monkeys. They were ruining comedy. So no monkeys, please, and if you must use monkeys, for God’s sake, don’t put hats on them.”

-John Swartzwelder

_caleb

Someone at Imagineering must find monkeys hilarious. They are in almost if not completely in all the scenes they’ve showed so far. Hopefully we see a couple new animals added as well to add some variety to the new scenes.
244BFE60-6094-4A85-9638-C73FE0AAF191.gif

Bocabear

A mix of humor and WOW moments... At one time the visuals were all a WOW...now they have gotten stale and have not been addressed in years... Time to update and renew so maybe the entire attraction does not rest on the jokes, but jokes are a little embellishment to a great attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom