Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

GimpYancIent

I think people forget what jungle cruise should be.... as we keep thinking of things as adults. Id remove all the people so thats out of the way. And go back to what it originally was which was amazing (for the time)AAs. Keep it geared towards KIDS and stop treating it in the same class as a more adult ride. If youre 6 years old and you see the AAs they are amazing as is the jungle. Keep that emotion. Thats what i love now as an adult when i ride JC or POC or HM, if i was riding them the first time id think.. wow thats pretty entertaining and the theming is nice. But since i rode these as a kid.. I am 8 years old when i ride them now. When i went back after 20 years i hadnt kept up with Disney (i thought WOM was still in epcot) i was excited to spend time with family but i didnt really care about disney that much.
A little magic came back when i got on the magical express and then to port orleans... but it wasnt a huge deal.

Until i saw the castle.... I was now 8 years old and i might have shed a tear. Since then ive been on this message board, bought way too much disney stuff, become.. that disney guy at work.. and have been back once and going back next year. Thats what Jungle cruise needs to be ... joy and wonderment for the kids.. and memories that transform them back when they are grown
Interesting how folks are working so hard to place realism and actual geographic locations, actual flora, fauna, animals and peoples to an amusement ride about a jungle river cruise on a fictitious jungle river, in a fictitious jungle at a fictitious geographic location. I really never paid much mind to Trader Sam until following this thread. It appears the Trader Sam character had much more impact than I ever thought possible.

Touchdown

Interesting how folks are working so hard to place realism and actual geographic locations, actual flora, fauna, animals and peoples to an amusement ride about a jungle river cruise on a fictitious jungle river, in a fictitious jungle at a fictitious geographic location. I really never paid much mind to Trader Sam until following this thread. It appears the Trader Sam character had much more impact than I ever thought possible.
Every time Ive ridden the Jungle Cruise I was told I was traveling on the Amazon, Nile, Congo, and Mekong rivers through the jungles of South America, Africa and Cambodia but maybe Im misremembering A spiel I’ve heard dozens of time 🤷‍♂️

GimpYancIent

Every time Ive ridden the Jungle Cruise I was told I was traveling on the Amazon, Nile, Congo, and Mekong rivers through the jungles of South America, Africa and Cambodia but maybe Im misremembering A spiel I’ve heard dozens of time 🤷‍♂️
Yep, sounds serious and realistic to me. I think the CM skippers made the show, some were more comedic and into their roles than others, but a good time was had by all.

Touchdown

Yep, sounds serious and realistic to me. I think the CM skippers made the show, some were more comedic and into their roles than others, but a good time was had by all.
I was replying to a poster who claimed the JC took place in a fictitious place, I was pointing out that was not true but instead the Cruise takes place (for lack of a better word) romanticized version of real places.

Rich Brownn

You are correct. Part of the original spiel would be telling the "crew" which river you had just entered. The "animals" were supposed to be in a specific region (Butterflies were "Amazons of the Amazon", the Indian elephants to seperate them from the previous etc.) And every skipper created their own personality (and back then, different versions of the spiel). (heck, back then we were even allowed to make our straw hats unique - mine was frayed).

SorcererMC

I fully admit that I probably should have stopped reading or otherwise bothering with this thread right here.

ETA: IMO one of the reasons that Trader Sam has such as a memorable impact is because he is towards the end of the ride, and that this is by design.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

From the site that must not be named:
1618494095402.png

007mickey

This may have been addressed but are they planning to quickly replace the removed scenes / characters or are they removing with no timetable for replacement? Ride would seem a little lacking and disjointed without timely replacement of the scenes.

Sharon&Susan

This may have been addressed but are they planning to quickly replace the removed scenes / characters or are they removing with no timetable for replacement? Ride would seem a little lacking and disjointed without timely replacement of the scenes.
I would assume that they're removing Trader Sam and the pole scene first as the replacements should be easier to install and once they're done they'll start working on the native scenes replacement that will require much more work to implement.

But as of now nothing has been announced as far as I'm aware past the Jungle Cruise will be staying open during all of this.

Stupido

I doubt that they'd leave these scenes empty for too long. Especially since the pole scene is one of the first show scenes of the ride. I'm sure the replacement will be installed quickly.

Disney Analyst

My guess is that they are likely reskinning the existing AA's, unless they are full out replacing with a new pole/aa internals?

So if it's a reskin/replace with new AA's on the existing pole, then it could be a bit of time but not too long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom