Remnants of former attractions

Dragonman

Original Poster
I thought it would be cool to document the remnants of former attractions. I know Disney likes to add tributes to the old rides in the new ones but I find the actual remnants more interesting. There's obviously a ton so feel free to reply and even update on the status of them

Discovery river boats- One of the docks,the dragon rock can still be seen from the pandora bridge and the geysers are still near Asia although no longer functioning.

Skyway- The tomorrowland side's bathrooms on the ground level are all that's left

Mike Fink Keel Boats- The dock is still there. Used for additional Haunted Mansion line space.

This should get you guys started :)

Last edited:

FettFan

I thought it would be cool to document the remnants of former attractions. I know Disney likes to add tributes to the old rides in the new ones but I find the actual remnants more interesting. There's obviously a ton so feel free to reply and even update on the status of them

Discovery river boats- One of the docks,the dragon rock can still be seen from the pandora bridge and the geysers are still near Asia although no longer functioning.

Cranium command- the inside has been left untouched and Buzzy is still there (although he's a bit drunk looking)

Body Wars- The simulators are still there

Skyway- The tomorrowland side's bathrooms on the ground level are all that's left

Mike Fink Keel Boats- The dock is still there. I believe it was converted into a fastpass area

This should get you guys started :)

IIRC, the Body Wars simulators were removed some time ago and cannibalized for parts when Star Tours got its upgrade. All that is left are empty bays.
WoL.jpg

From a quick Google search, there are some claiming that the remnants were shipped to Hong Kong for another Star Tours....but it was cancelled in favor of the Iron Man Experience.
Iron_Wing_0_Original.jpg

So....does Iron Man use refurbished sims from Body Wars? I'll tag @marni1971 , since he's generally got the best information.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IIRC, the Body Wars simulators were removed some time ago and cannibalized for parts when Star Tours got its upgrade. All that is left are empty bays.

From a quick Google search, there are some claiming that the remnants were shipped to Hong Kong for another Star Tours....but it was cancelled in favor of the Iron Man Experience.

So....does Iron Man use refurbished sims from Body Wars? I'll tag @marni1971 , since he's generally got the best information.

It's possible some parts were but I didn't hear anything specific.

Most of the Body Wars infrastructure was life expired.

Tyaloo

I was curious about this old roped section, which appears to be a queue. It can be seen when you're entering the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Any insight as to what this was? It also appears to have a dock :).
This was from Nov-Dec 2016.

upload_2017-4-3_7-26-49.png

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

The original 1982 music Loop of the imagination Pavilion still plays in one certain area and is a hiddem gem.....In the pavillion's bathroom of all places..

To find this you have to you get to the Pavilion and make a right turn past the main entrance of the attraction. It hugs the side of the Pavilion itself.

rct247

Skippy in Stitch was left over from Alien Encounter.

Outside Epcot's Guest Relations are the old World Key kiosk shells.

The tour bridge from the original Backlot Tour is near the entrance of Pixar Place.

Last I checked, the sound booths at the exit of the Star Wars film in the Sounds Dangerous building were still there.

The stairs and elevator to the old Catwalk Bar are near the Brown Derby Restrooms.

The old entrance to Splash Mountain is between the bridge and the Broad Patch gift shop.

Cmdr_Crimson

Last I checked, the sound booths at the exit of the Star Wars film in the Sounds Dangerous building were still there.

Not anymore.. They're blocked off and covered..It's now the Xbox Game port to play a Discontiuned Disney Game from the area they were using in the Star Wars Launch Bay......Now..That's......Something? I think?

From Blogmickey
DHS-XboxGamePort-03042017-7.jpg

DHS-XboxGamePort-03042017-3.jpg

Figments Friend

The tree in the Pooh queue is reused from the old Pooh play area which was located where the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is now.
poohs-playful-spot-magic-kingdom-extinct.jpg

DSC_2678.jpg

And inside said tree is a tribute to another former Attraction - WDWs '20,000 Leagues Under The Sea' submarine ride.
So here we have a remnant from a remnant !
Read on......

Several years after the 20K Attraction was closed, the large lagoon that once showcased the submarines and their watery realm was emptied and paved over.
A few years after that, a kids play area called 'Pooh's Playful Spot' was built on top of part of that foundation.
It featured the above tree as one of its defining features.
Inside of this tree, above the entrance door, is a small Nautilus sub design 'carved' into the tree as a tribute to the plots previous tenant.

:)

Today, the play area is gone and is now occupied by 'The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train' Attraction.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I'm surprised no one has mentioned one of the more commonly know remnants from a Attraction of yore -

The partial remains of Dreamfinder's flying machine from the Original 'Jouney Into Imagination' Attraction can be found mounted on a upper wall area inside of the Mouse Gear store at Epcot.

It is just the basic hull..but definitely easily recognizable for any 'Journey..' fans.
It also still features the original fiber optic lighting effects inside the porthole windows within its rear section.

-

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm surprised no one has mentioned one of the more commonly know remnants from a Attraction of yore -

The partial remains of Dreamfinder's flying machine from the Original 'Jouney Into Imagination' Attraction can be found mounted on a upper wall area inside of the Mouse Gear store at Epcot.

It is just the basic hull..but definitely easily recognizable for any 'Journey..' fans.
It also still features the original fiber optic lighting effects inside the porthole windows within its rear section.

-

tumblr_no9ccs5qkh1tw2a73o1_1280.jpg

Man would it been great to at least have Figment pop up from the Idea bag area for guest who pay attention while looking up...:(
FIGMENT_DIAL.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom