News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Mainahman

I wished they did back in the day, no IP would have been shoved down our throats.

AK needed that addition badly.
Im Ok with the IP if its done right, and well lately i question it, but could be done. There needs to be a bit more than just a couple boat rides and Rat in WS. Well themed, well hidden, but will help for sure. Heck id love to see a coaster of some sort in Germany, even if it meant a upscale/ Modern tech version of the Matterhorn.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think it’ll be now, but I do think if Ratatouille makes money, we could see more expansions like this way down the road once the company recovers financially.
Well...no rides really “make money”

Avatar is the closest thing to an exception because of sustained buzz and attendance boost.

For Epcot...it’s about modernizing it so they will draw a larger crowd/overflow option. What they were slated to build will help...but my opinion as an old Epcot koot in lieu of current consumer insanity is that a guardians coaster and rat is not quite enough to build critical mass.

I think they need one or maybe two more big ticket items and then a steady reinvestment in more diversions other than $12 appetizers in cups.

Mainahman

Well...no rides really “make money”

Avatar is the closest thing to an exception because of sustained buzz and attendance boost.

For Epcot...it’s about modernizing it so they will draw a larger crowd/overflow option. What they were slated to build will help...but my opinion as an old Epcot koot in lieu of current consumer insanity is that a guardians coaster and rat is not quite enough to build critical mass.

I think they need one or maybe two more big ticket items and then a steady reinvestment in more diversions other than $12 appetizers in cups.
Couldnt say this better. I mean they are adding just a bit more would help. It does look from the video in the other thread, PLAY! is still currently going to happen, so that takes care of some, but one more item would really help.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Couldnt say this better. I mean they are adding just a bit more would help. It does look from the video in the other thread, PLAY! is still currently going to happen, so that takes care of some, but one more item would really help.
Play was much more advanced and a lower outlay.

Obviously space restaurant, rat, guardians and play are a go...

But I hate to point out - they will delay opening them if they can. They get a lot of buzz/recoup of investment off claiming things are “new” for multiple years. Starting the clock on those now is not their play.

Mainahman

Play was much more advanced and a lower outlay.

Obviously space restaurant, rat, guardians and play are a go...

But I hate to point out - they will delay opening them if they can. They get a lot of buzz/recoup of investment off claiming things are “new” for multiple years. Starting the clock on those now is not their play.
OH i agree. The big 40 for EPCOT is october 2021. They will delay something to make it the headliner to that im sure. No one comes for a water walk through these days, let alone a fancy bar. They will want something substantial. They will delay something to look like geniuses.

jt04

This is the honest truth. Some things are being cancelled. Some things are being altered.

Nothing new is happening short to medium term.

Of course. But nothing stays the same. I'm only thinking long term and was speaking in generalities that sometimes the best times to invest may be counterintuitive. Disney invested a lot in wdw during the great recession and the anemic recovery. You know the list.

jt04

None of them have an office looking out the window at a gigantic dwarf head.

Comcast May be aggressive...Disney will not. They tend to cancel and mothball...for a few reasons

Pandora, Galaxy's Edge and Disney Springs would like a meeting with you. 📔😷📚

WDW's massive infrastructure projects could not be reached for comment as they haven't had a day's rest. 🚜

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pandora, Galaxy's Edge and Disney Springs would like a meeting with you. 📔😷📚

WDW's massive infrastructure projects could not be reached for comment as they haven't had a day's rest. 🚜
I’m trying to understand yet another failed attempt at logic here??

Iger SAT on his hands for almost 10 years and led to park stagnation (Eisner with the assist)...

So competition and financial pressure makes them start to “catch up”...and that’s what this is...and maybe get somewhat closer to even.

But not for the future...everything built is overdue except for DVC at the crappy Caribbean...

So if they cancel now - and breaking news on that- and throw the brakes on for a few years...then the gap grows again.

I realize this involves understanding of Disney, theme park business, and the pressure of public companies...so it’s not really cheerleader practice.

Enjoy amateur hour. Put some thought into context.

And can we drop the “Galaxy’s edge” nonsense? There’s no “unique immersive story/experience”...mos Eisley filed a copyright infringement suit on the name...

Last edited:

jt04

I’m trying to understand yet another failed attempt at logic here??

Iger SAT on his hands for almost 10 years and led to park stagnation (Eisner with the assist)...

So competition and financial pressure makes them start to “catch up”...and that’s what this is...and maybe get somewhat closer to even.

But not for the future...everything built is overdue except for DVC at the crappy Caribbean...

So if they cancel now - and breaking news on that- and throw the brakes on for a few years...then the gap grows again.

I realize this involves understanding of both Disney, theme park business, and the pressure of public companies...so it’s not really cheerleader practice.

Enjoy amateur hour. Put some thought into context.

And can we drop the “Galaxy’s edge” nonsense? There’s no “unique immersive story/experience”...mos Eisley filed a copyright infringement suit on the name...

It is my opinion that Iger's #1 priority was acquisition of content.(self evident).

#2 was bringing the film and animation divisions up to their potential. (See his speech on limiting the number of movies in favor of tentpoles). Check out the top 10 all time B.O. (IN BOTH CATEGORIES!😁)

#3 was P&R

Here he did not neglect infrastructure. He took a long range view and did not choose vanity projects over what was best for the company. And yet, even with that, managed to get Pandora, GE, TSL and the FLE built. All crowd pleasers.

Plus Tron, GotG etc.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom