News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Creathir

Slightly fun fact:
The current DHS opening procedure has the first admitted guests coming off the Skyliner. Early arrivals from Buses are held by the bus stops and cars are held at the toll plaza. When the first Skyliner guest steps out, the “gates” are opened.
Where do the watercraft come into play? Or are they not running right now?

toolsnspools

Where do the watercraft come into play? Or are they not running right now?
I talked with a long time Captain the other morning at the Poly dock. They have about 15% of the watercraft staff back online. They are running the large boats from TTC to MK and back. They have limited small watercraft between the MK resorts. Most of the other routes are not running. I did see an EPCOT boat running back and forth on the lake.

I don't think there was any watercraft service th DHS.

Last edited:

begood524

I've been curious about this: since it's summer, has anyone recorded or seen what happens when bad weather approaches the Skyliner? Are there any special "spiels" or procedures or things that occur?

Mouse Transit

In the Parks
No
Many times.

In all the cases I've observed, the Disney Skyliner stops boarding passengers and continues deboarding passengers until they clear all the cabins. Then, they stop the line. The Skyliner resumes operation once the weather improves.

Weather is a problem when there's lightning within 6 miles of any Skyliner station and/or winds reach 35 mph or higher. This information is sourced to many Skyliner crew cast members.

On Aug 2, 2020, I was on the Skyliner with winds gusting to 20 mph. Seriously, lots of fun!

BWDVCkidsince96

Slightly fun fact:
The current DHS opening procedure has the first admitted guests coming off the Skyliner. Early arrivals from Buses are held by the bus stops and cars are held at the toll plaza. When the first Skyliner guest steps out, the “gates” are opened.
That’s odd, we were there the other morning after walking over from the Boardwalk, and at 9 on the dot the security officers let us and the bus people walk forward. We were headed to the Skyliner and it wasn’t letting people on yet.

BWDVCkidsince96

I would imaging someone has already confirmed this, but I just rode the Skyliner from DHS to Riviera and back. It's 97 degrees and humid enough to chew the air. I'm wearing a mask. It was pleasant and cool in the Skyliner, even when it slowed for loading folks needing assistance. In fact I would much rather be back in the Skyliner than standing here for my bus. Disney will need another plan for spontaneously combusting guests.

Ditto! Our time in the Skyliner last week in the sweltering heat was some of the coolest time on property. Cool and breezy the whole time. Such a nice break from the heat. I was pleasantly surprised.

Magic Feather

That’s odd, we were there the other morning after walking over from the Boardwalk, and at 9 on the dot the security officers let us and the bus people walk forward. We were headed to the Skyliner and it wasn’t letting people on yet.
Actually enter the park at 9? If so, I’d assume that it is the result of them having too big of a crowd forming at the bus & walkway “rope drop spot”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom