News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

CntrlFlPete

isn't there planned maintenance for the Skyliner coming up? I would imagine this plan would be needed to deal get ready for extended down time. (then maybe kept the plan for any down time).

DCBaker

Premium Member

DCLcruiser

We used the Skyliner for the first time. It was great. We left DHS and took it to the EPCOT IG so that we could walk around the boardwalk and have dinner at Cape May Cafe. Then we took it back as our car was still at DHS.

A lot of fun, larger than I expected, and the views around sunset were awesome.
IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_3451.jpeg

TransportationGuy

No inside intel here, but I suppose it’s also possible that they could utilize Avenue of the Stars out near bus parking as well.

Attachments

• 5564DEA1-C870-4CAC-B4B1-83CAFC5C2DEF.jpeg
    5564DEA1-C870-4CAC-B4B1-83CAFC5C2DEF.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 86

jaklgreen

There is a road back behind the World Showplace that they can use. I have been dropped off there in past years for the Party for the Senses. But that was with a van. You could probably get a bus in that area.

esskay

isn't there planned maintenance for the Skyliner coming up? I would imagine this plan would be needed to deal get ready for extended down time. (then maybe kept the plan for any down time).
Theres likely not going to be any work needed to the existing lines as those wont extend, they'll be adding extra lines so you'll get off somewhere and swap like you currently can at CB. The maintenance is likely for line tightening, general maintenance, cleaning, etc.

That is one of the beauties of the system - the whole thing can carry on operating whilst it's being expanded with minimal disruption.

Disone

WDW now has a plan to use buses adjacent to the skyliner station at Epcot World Showplace when the line is experiencing down time.

I'm surprised this wasn't the plan from the beginning. Previously they've been sending people to the front of the park or to the beach club bus stop.

This is much more guest friendly.

jaklgreen

There is a road back there that leads the the World Showplace. When they had the Party for the Senses during the Food and Wine fest. Anyone that purchased the deluxe ticket got a ride from their resort there and would be dropped up back there. The road circles around the back of World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom