News Tomorrowland love

RSoxNo1

It doesn't seem like Disney knows what they're doing anymore with Tomorrowland. They should have went all the way with the alien theme. It would have been better than this rainbow explosion look.
Someone through out an Arcade based unifying theme. I didn't hate it.

Alternatively, I think just leaning into Futurism in IP is a much easier theme to satisfy. They just can't continue to muddle futurism with things like Monster's Inc.

trainplane3

This actually isn't turning out as badly as I expected it. It fits with the classic TL look they're going for (or were going for before the budget got nuked):

tomorrowland-pavement-replacement-june-2021-07.jpg

James Alucobond

Personally, I'd prefer a greener Tomorrowland, rather than a return to mid-century Le Corbusier-inspired concrete and Brutalism. Particularly in the heat of Florida.
I think they could do both. This would actually be quite nice if they chopped off the Stitch garbo, properly restored the supports under the PeopleMover, and then expanded the planters at the base of each support to allow for more substantial greenery.

Splashin' Ryan

I think they could do both. This would actually be quite nice if they chopped off the Stitch garbo, properly restored the supports under the PeopleMover, and then expanded the planters at the base of each support to allow for more substantial greenery.
It wasn't even that long ago that Tomorrowland looked that green. If you watch POV's of the people mover or walkthroughs of Tomorrowland from 2000-2010 the planters around the land housed huge tropical plants that made it look almost like an alien terrain planet, I loved it!

Heppenheimer

It wasn't even that long ago that Tomorrowland looked that green. If you watch POV's of the people mover or walkthroughs of Tomorrowland from 2000-2010 the planters around the land housed huge tropical plants that made it look almost like an alien terrain planet, I loved it!
Tomorrowland in Disneyland looked a little green when I was there last year, but only because weeds were growing on the rotting remains of the Peoplemover. Maybe they were going for a "post-human" futuristic aesthetic?

Bocabear

There were planters built in with seats all over Tomorrowland. Currently some of them have been filled in with cement, not planted out appropriately or removed for the 1994 Tomorrowland overhaul... Would be nice to restore them, add a few more with some sculptural modern topiary trees. Uplit with RGB floods for a changeable aesthetic. Perhaps the old John Portman trick with hanging planters over the Peoplemover railings to add some cascading greenery off the white modern architectural design of the Peoplemover tracks on the central concourse...Fiber Optics embedded in the walkways, a few water features... A little more of this...
1624287965541.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom