News Tomorrowland love

owlsandcoffee

I would doubt it.
They seem to be using the Launch Bay in both resorts as an original trilogy area.
Star Tours is still popular and I can’t seen them spending money on changing an attraction that is still performing well, especially in COVID times.

My armchair imagineering would involve moving Star Tours in Florida to SWGE. Would make room for a Muppets ride. That being said I don't know if Star Tours would fit in GE, it's certainly not a good thematic fit as of now.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My armchair imagineering would involve moving Star Tours in Florida to SWGE. Would make room for a Muppets ride. That being said I don't know if Star Tours would fit in GE, it's certainly not a good thematic fit as of now.

I mean TECHNICALLY they could just keep it where it is and move some queue around to it maybe, or even rebuild Muppets to a new area and make the whole area more Star Wars. Then again I'm sure Disney is like "Well Disneyland's is across the park"

trainplane3

I never had love for the gears but it was unique. I hope it's replaced with something more then gray. Then again, they couldn't afford to replace the lower legs on the PM and decided to just paint everything white.

Edit: This looks really temporary. But who knows.

Also forgot to mention this last week (and I'm not sure if it was brought up) but "Dad" is no longer singing acapella during the one transition in CoP! The speakers are now playing the music during that transition. The curtain still hasn't been fixed though.

Last edited:

jt04

Here is why I'm hopeful for Tomorrwland's future...😉

I don't mind the modest aesthetic changes for now as TRON is a very expensive add. Because they now have an awesome opportunity to game plan a cohesive land in the post 50th celebrations era.

The expansion areas of the old Stitch theaters and the Laugh Floor are ripe for reimaginning. Two state of the art and thematically cohesive adds are possible. The MK needs more D tickets and these are perfect locations.

And if they are really ambitious, Buzz, CoP and the raceway could be added to the mix for major overhauls, upgrades or complete reimaginings.

The ultimate project then could be the overhaul of SM. Then Tomorrowland is relevant for another half century. IMO.

🌞😎

ELG13

Well that is boring. That's like in adventure land where the pavement is different to show the "chamberpot trail" lol. And the pavers over in fantasy land, the seashells by ariel, the peanuts by dumbo..... Maybe, eventually, they will add something to it so it's not just gray. I get they are going for a more updated look but "parking lot" ain't it 🤣

mergatroid

yep...six flags blacktop is a better look 👍🏻

They'll probably make it match the rest of Tomorrowland which I don't recall ever being a problem

1w2.jpg

mergatroid

I never noticed those gears!

During the day, there was always so many people there that I couldn't notice them.

Late at night, they weren't that visible.
How very dare you!!!!!! It was famous for those flooring decorations don't you know. I'm surprised you never saw all the people taking pictures of the floor, or heard folk commenting on how awesome the floor was. Not forgetting all the threads on here where people raved about the cogs design, might cancel my October trip now :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How very dare you!!!!!! It was famous for those flooring decorations don't you know. I'm surprised you never saw all the people taking pictures of the floor, or heard folk commenting on how awesome the floor was. Not forgetting all the threads on here where people raved about the cogs design, might cancel my October trip now :)
I'm so sorry!!! Disney's ruining your childhood!!!

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom