News Tomorrowland love

tirian

I would politely ask those discussing the castle to move over to the thread about it.

As for tomorrowland...it's a mess, visually, although I appreciate the more minimalist vibe of the update. I would like to see the Astro Orbiter toned down some. It's not easy to "read" and as the weenie that draws people from the Hub it kinda needs to be.
I think the Castle and TL paint jobs got lumped together as examples of the new visual messes spread across WDW, but you’re right: this thread is for Tomorrowland. ;)

Yep, it’s a mess.

aladdin2007

I think the Castle and TL paint jobs got lumped together as examples of the new visual messes spread across WDW, but you’re right: this thread is for Tomorrowland. ;)

Yep, it’s a mess.

I never thought it would get this bad,,Im guessing Imagineering has nothing to do with it and its all terrible budget decisions being made by local management and managers who know nothing but to save bucks. has Josh walked through lately at all??? makes one wonder.

lazyboy97o

I never thought it would get this bad,,Im guessing Imagineering has nothing to do with it and its all terrible budget decisions being made by local management and managers who know nothing but to save bucks. has Josh walked through lately at all??? makes one wonder.
Walt Disney Imagineering was most definitely involved. That sort of design change is not allowed to be handled by the parks. These change are incredibly expensive and go through hours of review meetings.

tirian

It’s all WDI.

I’m going to take a cue from Thumper and “not say nothin’ at all” because I can’t say anything nice about the trajectory of WDW’s current projects.

Last edited:

Expo_Seeker40

They’ve begun removing the fins that were spaced out on every few peoplemover columns.

Attachments

• A3531F16-3317-4173-8AFE-B54825F2C0C5.jpeg
    A3531F16-3317-4173-8AFE-B54825F2C0C5.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 0413A374-5CBA-4A85-8927-5F5334BE9E3C.jpeg
    0413A374-5CBA-4A85-8927-5F5334BE9E3C.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 470

DoleWhipDrea

As cool as TL 94 was stylistically, at this point the remnants should go. That version of TL was a more jaded view of the future, but TL’s heart and inspiration goes back to a positive outlook of a world on the move, and that’s where it can ultimately succeed, IMHO. (Obviously I’m hoping for more that what we’ve already seen. I think them continuing work is a good sign.)

I’m hoping that there are plans for an updated version of elecTRONica being a part of the upgrades to the land. It was a big hit at DCA, for both guests and Disney. Perhaps some cool projection mapping could be added...

Nmoody1

Josh doesn't care as long as you are giving parks money - he isnt a god like some people make out.... he is a PRable character.

Imagineering can't be behind this? See: expedition everest, toy story land in any park, q'roc in shanghai, opening day HKDL... they don't always hit it out of the park!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
While I don't see it ever happening, I think this is a great idea. Earth To Ned would be a great fit for Tomorrowland and be IP/synergy.

https:///2020/09/earth-to-ned-tomorrowland-ro1/
Add legacy AA Sonny Eclipse as part of the show's house band and you just might have something. The more I think about this, the more it could work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom