News Tomorrowland love

sedati

I'm in the camp that would prefer removal, but I'd also love it if they'd remove the entry structure. Both are eyesores and block the view of the spectacular mountain. Obviously we need to get in and out, but I'd love a full reconfiguring that obscures the mountain structure as little as possible (a full refurb post Tron would be a great time to do this.)

Cmdr_Crimson

You also got to remember that the structure is way bigger when the Arcade section was still being used. Perhaps they are considering utilizing this space again to expand the size of the store...
Photo from yesterland
videoarcade_panicpark2007ah.jpg

Simon83079

I really hope they do similar to the rest of Tomorrowland tbh. Help integrate the land as one all over. But then again Tron next to Space Mountain will be an eye sore as they are 2 very different eras of sci fi.

Disney Maddux

Really good video by Offhand Disney on youtube about the new Tomorrowland post-tron. Let's hope there are some plans to add to this land, there are lots of options: Stitch, Speedway going electric, Space Ranger spin update, etc.

He mentions the exact thing I'm shocked Disney hasn't already done (nor have I really seen it mentioned here at all), expanding Cosmic Ray's into Stitch. It could really use more seating and order bays.

MaximumEd

He mentions the exact thing I'm shocked Disney hasn't already done (nor have I really seen it mentioned here at all), expanding Cosmic Ray's into Stitch. It could really use more seating and order bays.
MK needs attraction capacity. They need to open all the shuttered or part time eating places like Tomorrowland Terrace, Tortuga, Diamond Horseshoe, Aunt Polly’s, etc. They have plenty of places to eat. They just keep half of them closed in MK. Build an attraction for Stitch.

aladdin2007

MK needs attraction capacity. They need to open all the shuttered or part time eating places like Tomorrowland Terrace, Tortuga, Diamond Horseshoe, Aunt Polly’s, etc. They have plenty of places to eat. They just keep half of them closed in MK. Build an attraction for Stitch.
this, its pathetic how they are running things, they don't want to pay for anything or pay anyone, they want all guests cattle herded into one location no matter how bad the experience....accountants running the show now in full. once dictator chapek and other minions are out ( i know not happening sadly ) maybe things would improve.

Animaniac93-98

Disney be like "no, adding 10 more tables to the hot dog place on Main Street is good enough..." ;)

castlecake2.0

I'll never understand why they run the park's restaurants like it's Paris' off-season.

Having Mobile Order everywhere has at least been a great change.
With having more experience in the labor scheduling side of things recently I kinda get why they do it like this, the amount the parks spend on labor is more than I ever imagined, but it’s still in excusable for the busiest theme park in the world not to do better. They’ve been getting a bit better, tortuga tavern is open everyday now. But jeezus I wish they’d open Aunt Polly’s and Tomorrowland Terrace daily. That would help so much to spread crowds. All they need for Polly’s is some “exclusive” slushy to bait the vloggers and get people over there. I know @Sirwalterraleigh has hinted that the bubble will burst sometime this summer, but if it doesn’t they really need to take a hard look at how to spread people out in that park. Sadly their current VP had never been known for very progressive ideas though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With having more experience in the labor scheduling side of things recently I kinda get why they do it like this, the amount the parks spend on labor is more than I ever imagined, but it’s still in excusable for the busiest theme park in the world not to do better. They’ve been getting a bit better, tortuga tavern is open everyday now. But jeezus I wish they’d open Aunt Polly’s and Tomorrowland Terrace daily. That would help so much to spread crowds. All they need for Polly’s is some “exclusive” slushy to bait the vloggers and get people over there. I know @Sirwalterraleigh has hinted that the bubble will burst sometime this summer, but if it doesn’t they really need to take a hard look at how to spread people out in that park. Sadly their current VP had never been known for very progressive ideas though.
I’m not sure about “a bubble bursting”…there are strong signs that the long awaited recession will finally hit…and it hits travel first.

But there’s little doubt that Disney’s labor deficiencies and the pent up travel demand is what we are/have seen so far this year.

Labor is always the big factor they are never satisfied with in the swamp.

castlecake2.0

I’m not sure about “a bubble bursting”…there are strong signs that the long awaited recession will finally hit…and it hits travel first.

But there’s little doubt that Disney’s labor deficiencies and the pent up travel demand is what we are/have seen so far this year.

Labor is always the big factor they are never satisfied with in the swamp.
I was in the parks “as a guest” for most of the last two weeks and it looks like coverage is back to normal levels in what has reopened, the issue now is all the things that are still shuttered

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom