Yeti Full A Mode?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
tumblr_nq7g05OFWc1s2wio8o1_500.gif

The best I can find is the above. Doesn't someone have an awesome GIF of the Yeti from the front in full A-Mode? Or maybe it's a test run with his full range of motion. I know I've seen it here somewhere, but can't find it.

AndrewsJ

One of the special behind the scene shows that either Travel Channel or Discovery Channel does has what you are looking for. It might be on YouTube.

Wendy Pleakley

I hope people who don't understand why people are disappointed in the current state of the Yeti see this.

It's often seen as being "good enough" or "something you barely see anyway", and people who criticize it are seen as nit picking.

The Yeti really was a sight to see, and lamenting the loss of the "complete" Expedition Everest experience is not just complaining for complaining's sake.

Sundown

I went on Everest last year for the first time. I saw no Yeti at all during the ride. It was there, because I asked the person next to me if I was supposed to see something. The response was "Yes, the Yeti".

But I couldn't see it. Don't know if it was too fast to see, I wasn't looking in the right area, I was "sun-blind" or what.

But damn, I'd love to have seen an animatronic Yeti.

catmandoo

I found, after riding recentley during the day and again at night... it was better at night. Your eyes weren't shocked going into the dark tunnel and the Yeti actually seemed a little intimidating... If it only moved, it would be glorious.

The Tuna

Took me three rides to actually see the yeti even when it was in A mode. I think a bigger deal is made out of it than needs to be as it is such a quick scene you are flying through. The Yeti would have been better perhaps where the projection of him ripping the track up is. You would get to see it in full action. It is still an intimidating creature when you know to look for him even in Disco mode, but getting him fixed up should still be a priority. Why build something so amazing and leave it to rot? Hopefully with a few more additions to the park they can try to fix or replace it.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Took me three rides to actually see the yeti even when it was in A mode. I think a bigger deal is made out of it than needs to be as it is such a quick scene you are flying through. The Yeti would have been better perhaps where the projection of him ripping the track up is. You would get to see it in full action. It is still an intimidating creature when you know to look for him even in Disco mode, but getting him fixed up should still be a priority. Why build something so amazing and leave it to rot? Hopefully with a few more additions to the park they can try to fix or replace it.
I didn't have the same trouble seeing it. I can still remember my first ride on Everest and I was amazed when I saw the Yeti and even remember saying, "That almost hit me!!"

I think some people (not saying you) have seen the Yeti in some kind of B mode or not moving at all and the lighting was totally different in those circumstances. When it first opened and operated properly, there was no missing it.

danyoung56

The Yeti really was a sight to see, and lamenting the loss of the "complete" Expedition Everest experience is not just complaining for complaining's sake.

While I agree with you, and wish the yeti was working again, I think people take it too far when they say that the entire ride should be shut down as long as the yeti is busticated. I think it's a pretty awesome coaster even without the yeti. But that doesn't mean that I don't wish for the day when he's all better and swooping down to terrorize us all again.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

The best way to see him really good in his current state is to ride it at night. When we done the DVC event over there we rode it over and over and man he looks great at night. You can definitely see him much better. Still is lame that he doesn't exactly "work" like he's supposed to though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom