Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Brer Oswald

Definitely sounds like a realistic scenario. I guess that means that any project announced at D23 2022 will finish up sometime after splash, which seems to make sense, since splash isn’t going anywhere until 2022 or 2023, and because of that the re-theme will most likely be underway during the Expo.
Poppins was cancelled. SE is on indefinite hiatus. I don’t see them waiting till 2025 to finish the Future World walkways, that’ll likely be scaled back. Did they announce anything else? It seemed like it was mostly small stuff they could cut?

Bairstow

Poppins was cancelled. SE is on indefinite hiatus. I don’t see them waiting till 2025 to finish the Future World walkways, that’ll likely be scaled back. Did they announce anything else? It seemed like it was mostly small stuff they could cut?
Any word on whether the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster has been cancelled yet?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They wouldn’t cancel anything already vertical. Makes no sense...

But it’s cute you guys are talking above “d23 announcements”...even 2 years from now...that’s laughable.

We can all be vaccinated against everything and you’re not getting nuttin...we all must pay for years to “make up” for this last year...

Bairstow

But it’s cute you guys are talking above “d23 announcements”...even 2 years from now...that’s laughable.

We can all be vaccinated against everything and you’re not getting nuttin...we all must pay for years to “make up” for this last year...
Disney cancelled an entire resort after it was partially built. Why not a couple rides?

DVCakaCarlF

The effects of this recession will be different...I believed we hit a bottom, already, but, as usual, the recovery will be painful.

Bairstow

That resort barely had any site work completed. I don’t even think it got to pad, so not vertical.
Pop-Century.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The effects of this recession will be different...I believed we hit a bottom, already, but, as usual, the recovery will be painful.
Get ready for “sub bottom”, Chief...

They fired the “bazooka” of trillions upon trillions of dollars already...and things are basically stagnant In the real world.

I’ll remind: Congress struggled to get $1
Trillion in 2008 passed to stabilize the world’s banking and Insurance systems.

We are already about $3.5 trillions deep in direct money and the fed has pumped $7 trillion in phoney into the markets since last year.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the difference is a second half of a hotel resort isn't going to draw crowds/money in... Brand new attractions will do that.

Will they?

This isn’t the 80’s...you don’t get a lot of “hey...that’s new! Let’s go” anymore.

It costs too Much. Remember all those space catalogue Star Wars geeks in the “mob of 2019”??

Bairstow

I think the difference is a second half of a hotel resort isn't going to draw crowds/money in... Brand new attractions will do that.
Maybe, but the question is whether the cost of completing these projects and staffing them is worth what Disney might bring in if they keep sinking money into them. I could see the company reaching a point where the roofs are completed to preserve what's already been built, and then cutting their loses there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yep...which is pathetic
Yeah, after Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey and Frozen Ever After and Slinky Dog Dash and Aliens Swirling Saucers and Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway and Ratatouille, and TRON, and Cosmic Rewind, and New Splash Mountain, it's like they're not doing anything. Pathetic!!

lazyboy97o

Maybe, but the question is whether the cost of completing these projects and staffing them is worth what Disney might bring in if they keep sinking money into them. I could see the company reaching a point where the roofs are completed to preserve what's already been built, and then cutting their loses there.
When you have bought most of the stuff and done a lot of the work you add more risk to pausing mid-construction. Pause for too long and your permits will expire, meaning you will have to redo design work to the latest codes to finish the work, and depending on the scope remaining that could include having to redo work. So there’s a point where finishing is cheaper than pausing. Pop Century, The Legendary Years was not as far along, mostly consisting of shells with rather traditional fit out that could more easily be adapted when the time came to finish them.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Will they?

This isn’t the 80’s...you don’t get a lot of “hey...that’s new! Let’s go” anymore.

It costs too Much. Remember all those space catalogue Star Wars geeks in the “mob of 2019”??
I mean. I disagree with you. The hype on social media for new attractions is unreal.

Wait times for Flight of Passage were still quite long all the way up until the pandemic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean. I disagree with you. The hype on social media for new attractions is unreal.

Wait times for Flight of Passage were still quite long all the way up until the pandemic.
And yet....I gave you the prime example of why the theory may not work anymore.

I’d submit that whoever is coming...is coming...they just go wait for flight of passage.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, after Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey and Frozen Ever After and Slinky Dog Dash and Aliens Swirling Saucers and Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway and Ratatouille, and TRON, and Cosmic Rewind, and New Splash Mountain, it's like they're not doing anything. Pathetic!!

I know it’s football Sunday and you got your Pom poms...but here goes:

1. Were we talking about the past? Or was it talking about future development? Important I think.

2. And ALLLLL that great stuff (some of it sucks...but whatever) was built after they did NOTHING for a decade and actually closed things without replacement. All those things are catch ups on stagnating parks...which you know.

So what happens if they puts the breaks on hard for another decade?

Not so simple as the snark. Sometimes things aren’t as awesome on the surface as you might want them to be. Like box office grosses.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom