News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It is high compared to what you get at other resorts is all I meant. I would gladly pay another $150 and stay somewhere really nice. When swan was $200 a night it was a great value
Understood. I think for the most part, in the near future, prices are still in that $200 range (just checked a few weekends in March and April). I think they would be doing themselves a disservice if they priced them that way in the Fall, knowing that personal and business travel will hopefully pick up by then.

Bocabear

Are there mock up images of the interior of this hotel out there? I don't recall seeing any.
We stayed at the Dolphin last weekend and had a great view of the construction... It looks far away from a June 1st opening still... but it can happen I suppose... I hope they plan on putting a pedestrian bridge in...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are there mock up images of the interior of this hotel out there? I don't recall seeing any.
We stayed at the Dolphin last weekend and had a great view of the construction... It looks far away from a June 1st opening still... but it can happen I suppose... I hope they plan on putting a pedestrian bridge in...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
They are not. I posted this a few pages ago that they had intended to build the bridge but pulled that plan. It will be a mess on Epcot Resorts Drive.

Bocabear

Thank you.
Looks nice... Not terribly unique, but nice. Modern.
Then all the guests will have to run the Death Race 2021 Gauntlet to get to across the street to the park walkway...lol
When we were there last weekend we saw a few people scatter crossing the road...which is curved...So the sightlines are not great for a pedestrian crossing...

mgf

I guess I am not seeing how this is priced high?

Because it is the under-developed, poorly thought out, across the parking lot, across the street, overflow venue for a nicer set of hotels?

This should have been a cat 5 to pull the non-convention stays out of the S&D so that their conference room blocks wouldn't sell out any more (and they did sell out frequently pre-covid). And no, executives will not stay at this downgraded hotel.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Because it is the under-developed, poorly thought out, across the parking lot, across the street, overflow venue for a nicer set of hotels?

This should have been a cat 5 to pull the non-convention stays out of the S&D so that their conference room blocks wouldn't sell out any more (and they did sell out frequently pre-covid). And no, executives will not stay at this downgraded hotel.
My point I suppose is that it doesn't matter that its a cat 5, the price is basically the same as the Swan and Dolphin, dollars and points. This is just another option for the conference/convention clientele that will be newer and s bit more modern.

Purduevian

Just picking a random week October 4th- 11th... some price comparisons from Undercover Tourists
HotelPrice (nightly rate for cheapest room at resort)
Value Level Resorts$189 - $238
Moderate Level Resorts$268-$342
Deluxe Resorts$522-$710
Disney Springs (non-Disney)$76 - $159
Swalphin$231-244 ($265-$284 on the Marriott Website)
Swan Reserve$294 (not listed on Undercover Tourist Yet)
Universal Hotels (no express pass)$98-$157
Universal hotels (with express pass)$230-$264
FOUR SEASONS RESORT ORLANDO AT WALT DISNEY WORLD $862 (not cheapest on UT)

I find it crazy I can stay at the Swalphin (with EMH, 60 day FP plus, walk or boat to EPCOT and DHS, and free bus to MK and AK) for ~$260 a night ($30 resort fee I believe).
OR
Go to USO and never wait in line and walk to the parks for $230.

That is crazy compared to anything Disney is offering at similar prices (All star music, POP and AOA)

Ripken10

Just picking a random week October 4th- 11th... some price comparisons from Undercover Tourists
HotelPrice (nightly rate for cheapest room at resort)
Value Level Resorts$189 - $238
Moderate Level Resorts$268-$342
Deluxe Resorts$522-$710
Disney Springs (non-Disney)$76 - $159
Swalphin$231-244 ($265-$284 on the Marriott Website)
Swan Reserve$294 (not listed on Undercover Tourist Yet)
Universal Hotels (no express pass)$98-$157
Universal hotels (with express pass)$230-$264
FOUR SEASONS RESORT ORLANDO AT WALT DISNEY WORLD$862 (not cheapest on UT)

I find it crazy I can stay at the Swalphin (with EMH, 60 day FP plus, walk or boat to EPCOT and DHS, and free bus to MK and AK) for ~$260 a night ($30 resort fee I believe).
OR
Go to USO and never wait in line and walk to the parks for $230.

That is crazy compared to anything Disney is offering at similar prices (All star music, POP and AOA)
I could be wrong, but I thought the Universal prices don't include all the add on cost. Disney was the opposite, but now they also don't include the parking add on that they didn't used to have.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I seem to remember this on our last stay at Universal. For instance, the resort fee wasn't included on the online price

JoeCamel

I could be wrong, but I thought the Universal prices don't include all the add on cost. Disney was the opposite, but now they also don't include the parking add on that they didn't used to have.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I seem to remember this on our last stay at Universal. For instance, the resort fee wasn't included on the online price
Universal does not have a resort fee but does have a parking charge.

Bocabear

Well it is trying to be Uber modern, and if this building were anywhere else we would probably say they did a great job... To me, the architecture is fine, just the wrong structure for the location... They should have designed something to thematically harmonize with the Michael Graves hotel buildings... Using Swan and Dolphin they have Water, Air, and they would need a terrestrial creature to base the third tower on.,.. Well, that is how I would have approached the project... At least some sort of visual marriage point between the new tower and the other existing buildings to tie it together... Heck, the Fantasia Gardens golf course is next door...It could have been the Fantasia Tower and pulled design and decor themes from that, but with a nod to the Graves style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom