News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

Epcot82Guy

I think I mentioned it before - having just stayed in a Dolphin room facing the new tower - my hope is this is phase 1 of a larger change. I think they could pull some of the blues, tans, etc. into the color scheme of the existing buildings (without replacing it entirely), and it would actually look quite nice. The interiors of both Swan and Dolphin match the exterior coloring on the wave tiles of the Stupidly Named Hotel. So, I wonder if we'll see a color swap when the exterior of Swan and Dolphin need an update.

If that's not the plan, the design is just an epic fail.

Walt d

I think I mentioned it before - having just stayed in a Dolphin room facing the new tower - my hope is this is phase 1 of a larger change. I think they could pull some of the blues, tans, etc. into the color scheme of the existing buildings (without replacing it entirely), and it would actually look quite nice. The interiors of both Swan and Dolphin match the exterior coloring on the wave tiles of the Stupidly Named Hotel. So, I wonder if we'll see a color swap when the exterior of Swan and Dolphin need an update.

If that's not the plan, the design is just an epic fail.
After seeing the out side of small world may be Bobby i will paint it pink and orange!

Communicora

Premium Member
No, but people are often so busy in their regular lives that they don't take the time to do things like this, do going to Disney gives them the opportunity.
Or who travel down in the winter from a chilly northern state. I know I've used the prospect of tennis to try to talk my boyfriend into going to WDW with me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1607785877979.png

1607785965913.png

1607785998316.png

1607787499431.png

1607787543882.png

1607787589722.png

1607788783564.png

1607788816905.png

1607788847481.png

1607788889839.png

mgf

I'm sorry but the window views in the mock ups are hilariously wrong (even for concepts) for a 15 story tower - except for the presidential suite apparently? Also, not loving the low concrete ceilings in the lobby. Feels like a level of a parking deck got converted at the last second.

Rooms look to be about S/D trim level, but I think it is a stretch to say this is a Cat 6 along with S/D. Sure they are both close to Disney, but this is certainly a lesser experience overall. Now, let's not take that to mean S/D should get even further inflated as a cat 7. Just think this should be a cat 5 hotel. They should have either taken this down a step or actually done something special for it to be Autograph collection.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sorry but the window views in the mock ups are hilariously wrong (even for concepts) for a 15 story tower - except for the presidential suite apparently? Also, not loving the low concrete ceilings in the lobby. Feels like a level of a parking deck got converted at the last second.

Rooms look to be about S/D trim level, but I think it is a stretch to say this is a Cat 6 along with S/D. Sure they are both close to Disney, but this is certainly a lesser experience overall. Now, let's not take that to mean S/D should get even further inflated as a cat 7. Just think this should be a cat 5 hotel. They should have either taken this down a step or actually done something special for it to be Autograph collection.
Are we talking about hotels or hurricanes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom