News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

Magic Feather

A little late on the name party, but even the original, full name was “The Cove at the Walt Disney World Swan,” so this was always meant to be a quasi-extension in connection with the Swan. The Swan Reserve is definitely a weirder name (which I could honestly see being changed again), but it hits all of the notes they want “a slightly more luxurious neighbor to the Swan”.

And, yes, I do believe that this property will technically be classed in the Autograph Collection.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Looks like this is officially an Autograph Collection hotel. Makes sense since they already have Westin and Sheraton branded hotels there. Also what's interesting is the name still seems a bit in flux, as its called a "Orlando Southwest" thus far.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 311

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Looks like this is officially an Autograph Collection hotel. Makes sense since they already have Westin and Sheraton branded hotels there. Also what's interesting is the name still seems a bit in flux, as its called a "Orlando Southwest" thus far.

The July 2021 date seems to indicate a delayed opening from the previous March 1 date [here tag @wdwmagic].

Lirael

I wish it could have at least followed the color scheme of the rest of the S&D. Ideally it would all look the same, but if Disney has currently some sort of generic glass box kink, c'mon at least go with the same colors.

If I didn't see the news here, I would 100% assume this is a new hotel that has nothing to do with Swan and Dolphin, and 100% wouldn't believe this would ever be allowed to be built inside Disney property. Say what you will about the Swan and Dolphin architecture, but at least it has some sort of unique style which in a way fit Disney in its difference. This is so generic. You could place it anywhere in the world and fit.

This reminds me of the new Universal hotels. But you know what? At least those are budget for the low effort involved, this won't be.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I wish it could have at least followed the color scheme of the rest of the S&D. Ideally it would all look the same, but if Disney has currently some sort of generic glass box kink, c'mon at least go with the same colors.

If I didn't see the news here, I would 100% assume this is a new hotel that has nothing to do with Swan and Dolphin, and 100% wouldn't believe this would ever be allowed to be built inside Disney property. Say what you will about the Swan and Dolphin architecture, but at least it has some sort of unique style which in a way fit Disney in its difference. This is so generic. You could place it anywhere in the world and fit.

This reminds me of the new Universal hotels. But you know what? At least those are budget for the low effort involved, this won't be.
This hotel should be very nice inside. While the outside does leave something to be desired, it's going to be an Autograph Collection hotel, aimed for conventioneers, so it won't feel like a budget hotel.

UNCgolf

Did you not notice that Disney built the Riviera themselves, which is just as bland and generic as this hotel? Of course they had no issue with this.

Lirael

Not only are they building bland hotels like the Riviera, but they're going out of their way to make the well-themed hotels more generic. It's awful.
If I'm going out of my way to stay inside the Disney bubble and paying 3x the amount I would pay outside of it, clearly there's nothing I want more than to feel like I'm paying extra for the same generic stuff I find anywhere else on the globe.

UNCgolf

If I'm going out of my way to stay inside the Disney bubble and paying 3x the amount I would pay outside of it, clearly there's nothing I want more than to feel like I'm paying extra for the same generic stuff I find anywhere else on the globe.

Which is exactly why this current Disney push makes no sense. If all the theming was removed, there'd be little reason to stay at a Disney hotel. I could just stay at a Disney Springs area Hilton and save a bunch of money.

lazyboy97o

It’s not the same! There’s a picture of a Disney, Disney•Pixar, Star Wars or Red Logo Superheroes character on the wall!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom