Gran Fiesta Tour - New Animatronics

Homemade Imagineering

These animatronics are your usual, classic pneumatically operated figures, with maybe a couple hydraulic functions here and there, I wouldn't be able to tell entirely. Anyways, with pneumatics there's a lot to take care of. You have to drain the air compressor every once in a while, so the air tank doesn't rust overtime from condensation, you have to make sure there isn't any water in the solenoid valve banks (the solenoids are the culprit of the loud clicking sounds you'll occasionally hear in case you're wondering), the cylinders may go bad overtime due to general wear and tear, rust etc... regardless, I'm sure there hasn't been as much attention towards show quality as of recently due to, what I'm assuming are budget cuts of course due to the pandemic, and thus we have 3 AAs out for, possibly long overdue maintenance.

M:SpilotISTC12

What's the point of even having a bunch of theme parks if you're not going to maintain the attractions? I can understand a once in a while occurrence but it's just getting silly seeing the same bunch of animatronics break down all the time. We all knew the quality was starting to go down the drain but now it's just getting laughable at how much we will pay and overlook the lack of general maintenance that Disney used to pride themselves with.
It's almost like the Bobs are playing a game of chicken with each other to see how low they can get the quality before people stop showing up. "Well Bob, I raise you're stripping away Magical Express with reducing staff down to 1 maintenance tech for each park! We'll see who wins this time! Muahhhhhh"-One Bob to another, probably.

TikibirdLand

celluloid

I am with others, what the heck happened to the projection screen that was the original stage set? Terrible. Things like thisnis why it has been Universal and Cedar Fair for my family with eyes on Tomto for our next Disney Parks.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

No Cinco de Mayo return for the Three Caballeros at EPCOT'S Gran Fiesta Tour​

I was okay with this if it was going to be just a couple weeks. But at this point… they should have quickly installed the screen and projector again until they could fix the AAs.

I guess if they did that they may have never installed the AAs again, so at least we know they can’t keep it like this forever…

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I am with others, what the heck happened to the pronection screen that was the original stage set? Terrible. Things like thisnis why it has been Universal and Cedar Fair for my family with eyes on Tomto for our next Disney Parks.
Tokyo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom