News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

innoventions-demolition-world-celebration-epcot-oct262020-5.jpg

No more notch in the passthrough ceiling!
innoventions-demolition-world-celebration-epcot-oct262020-4.jpg

Marlins1

Just reserved parks for a January weekend trip and for the first time the one I excluded was my former favorite Epcot. I can handle construction everywhere if it is making progress but Future World just looks like a wasteland now and the delay in France expansion and Harmonius is just sad.

aladdin2007

Just reserved parks for a January weekend trip and for the first time the one I excluded was my former favorite Epcot. I can handle construction everywhere if it is making progress but Future World just looks like a wasteland now and the delay in France expansion and Harmonius is just sad.

The park is a very sad place right now, like the things you stated and also the pavilions not having their respective international cast, no entertainment etc, destruction of the spine,, the whole feel in the park is very much a downer. After being there yesterday I felt its the worst state the park has ever been in, it doesn't even feel like Disney anymore. Managements decisions to destroy that park in terms of terrible choices of change just continue to baffle me. Some of the other things cant be helped right now of course with whats going on but it felt like they have thrown in the towel. I don't know. Had some really interesting conversations with nice cast members, Disney is really hurting. Magic Kingdom is headed in the same direction especially if they don't do something about tomrrowland, another growing wasteland and too many other things closed in the park.

Last edited:

Ldno

Epcot right now is the same way DHS was before Galaxy’s edge, you could do and see everything within half a day. Once everything opens up it will be business as usual I think. But given how recent Galaxy’s Edge was, is how I see Epcot right now under construction. Things do take some time.

Haymarket2008

Despite the obviously dire circumstances, I am glad that future/unannounced plans have halted on The Land, Seas, and Imagination. Much better that they be addressed when the timing (and funding) is right. Future World East has needed the facelift much more and they're FAR along in its' reimagination. West now retains the last few classic Epcot experiences and I don't want them tampered with.

trainplane3

Despite the obviously dire circumstances, I am glad that future/unannounced plans have halted on The Land, Seas, and Imagination. Much better that they be addressed when the timing (and funding) is right. Future World East has needed the facelift much more and they're FAR along in its' reimagination. West now retains the last few classic Epcot experiences and I don't want them tampered with.
Honestly, The Land is still in a pretty good spot still. The Seas could have a hefty repaint inside to make it feel fresh again and not overly dark. Imagination is truly the worst area in the park and should get a lot of focus inside and out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Honestly, The Land is still in a pretty good spot still. The Seas could have a hefty repaint inside to make it feel fresh again and not overly dark. Imagination is truly the worst area in the park and should get a lot of focus inside and out.
Aquariums are necessarily dark. If the people area was too bright, all you would see is people reflected on the tank glass and not the fish.

trainplane3

Aquariums are necessarily dark. If the people area was too bright, all you would see is people reflected on the tank glass and not the fish.
I meant the actual paint (mainly in the central area) to bring it closer to the Sea Base Alpha aesthetic. Or something else to make it more then 10 shades of blue.
You had whites, off-whites, oranges, blues, and even some different colored lighting originally:
sealabalpha-590x394.jpg

seabase_alpha6_20131028_2039516043.jpg

Now you have blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue, and blue green.
latest

I never minded the Nemo overlay (it got kids into the Seas while getting the same message across) but I've always had a weird hate for the look of everything. I just feel it needs something to break up the literal waves of blue.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I meant the actual paint (mainly in the central area) to bring it closer to the Sea Base Alpha aesthetic. Or something else to make it more then 10 shades of blue.
You had whites, off-whites, oranges, blues, and even some different colored lighting originally:
sealabalpha-590x394.jpg

seabase_alpha6_20131028_2039516043.jpg

Now you have blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue,blue, and blue green.
latest

I never minded the Nemo overlay (it got kids into the Seas while getting the same message across) but I've always had a weird hate for the look of everything. I just feel it needs something to break up the literal shades of blue.
It is too much blue...but in the other pics, the hue of the lighting really made the purple/blue and orange just bleh. I'd like to see the blue broken up with something pale or maybe even a light metallic shade of something.

trainplane3

It is too much blue...but in the other pics, the hue of the lighting really made the purple/blue and orange just bleh. I'd like to see the blue broken up with something pale or maybe even a light metallic shade of something.
I'll gladly take a color or two just to break up the blue. There's a bit of detail still on those "pods" that could get brought out with a different color tossed in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom