News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

SoFloMagic

Don’t forget merch and character meet and greets.

Side note here: Does it make anyone else happy, even if it’s bittersweet, to see some of the floor to ceiling windows uncovered in the temporary Mousegear location? Ya look at it and think I remember the future...
Ah meet and greets. Well that makes sense. Those have to go somewhere. I guess

nickys

Premium Member
I’m still waiting for the latest plan. Unless someone beats me to it.

Do you think the latest plan will be the new way forward, the final plan? And what kind of timescale are we now talking about for the Spine re-do?

If you can say, of course. Completely understand if you can’t.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Moved to an on-topic thread ;)...
So, there are dumpsters outside the two main entrances to Innoventions Northwest. Gutting must be happening then. We still thinking they're gonna salvage the structure?
Seems like it's still coming down
giphy.gif

There are two competing stories here due to Journey of Water originally planned to go where NW Innoventions is:
1. NW Innoventions will be demo'd. Journey of Water will go as plan with small adjustments to whatever the reimagined festival building will be. @Magic Feather
2. NW Innoventions will be salvaged and incorporated into a reimagined festival center. This would mean a major relocation of JoW. @marni1971, @TheVisionarySoul

This is most likely due to WDW not know yet what it wants to do for a reimagined festival center yet.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

If they are sticking with Journey of Water and the "neighborhoods", I wish they would put it between The Land and Imag - leaving NW for some level of balance in the core. At least Journey of Water could be somewhat of a transition tie between World Nature and the ideas of Imagination.

DoleWhipDrea

I know that it would never happen since the original buildings weren’t built to accommodate something like this and it would be expensive, but I wish Disney would place the water and garden outdoor relaxation areas on the top of the CC/Innoventions buildings to create a sort of rooftop garden utopia. It could tie both the old and new concepts together and be far more visually stimulating, IMHO.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Moved to an on-topic thread ;)...

There are two competing stories here due to Journey of Water originally planned to go where NW Innoventions is:
1. NW Innoventions will be demo'd. Journey of Water will go as plan with small adjustments to whatever the reimagined festival building will be. @Magic Feather
2. NW Innoventions will be salvaged and incorporated into a reimagined festival center. This would mean a major relocation of JoW. @marni1971, @TheVisionarySoul

This is most likely due to WDW not know yet what it wants to do for a reimagined festival center yet.

Martin has clarified that his previous statement about NW staying was because he thought the discussion was about NE, which is staying for the Electric Umbrella replacement. Martin doesn't know about the status of NW, which means it's likely it's coming down.

For now.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Martin has clarified that his previous statement about NW staying was because he thought the discussion was about NE, which is staying for the Electric Umbrella replacement. Martin doesn't know about the status of NW, which means it's likely it's coming down.

For now.
Sounds like we were just a few months off of potentially still having both sides in its original condition. Although, I am sure they could have moved forward with the plan regardless of covid, but its a much easier decision when part of one building hasn't been demolished yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom